Part 19

For the rest of the day you avoided your phone like the plague, too afraid of what may or may not be there waiting for you.

You returned back to the cafe as soon as your pounding heart would permit, not wanting to let your team down in the crappy morning rush hour.

Or face the wrath of your money-driven manager.

But when you came back, you were quick to notice that both of the boys had already gone.

Of course they would be gone.

Why on Earth would they hang around just for me...

Ji-eun had practically witnessed your whole outburst from a distance.

And then running away from the cafe like that? All over some masked and unidentifiable boy no less.

The look on her face could only express just how worried she was for you.

She explained that she was so frantically trying to call you and serve customers all at the same time, that she hadn't even seen when the boys left.

The adrenaline of the whole ordeal was still pulsing through your ears, even after cooling off at the nearby park for 30 minutes, leaving you with an awful gut-retching feeling in the pit of your stomach.

Skipping breakfast this morning really wasn't helping.

As you replayed the situation over and over in your head, you realized no amount of reason or logic was going to help you right now.

All of those feelings of frustration and confusion being completely overshadowed by hurt and fear in this moment.

This has to be the worst day ever...

-

By the next morning you had miraculously worked up the courage to check your phone, deep down hoping to find some long-winded explanation from your 'Genius', or some form of apology.

Some kind of anything...

You took a deep breath, holding it in as you switched on your phone, growing slightly impatient over how long the start-up screen was taking to load.

After what felt like forever, your phone was finally on and functioning, with a flood of messages coming through all at once.

You scanned the contact names in the sea of notifications for 'Not Yoongi', with an increasing threat of disappointment.

Apart from the odd Domino's pizza coupon, all of the others were from Ji-eun checking up on you to see if you were okay.

As it dawned on you, your stomach dropped and the sudden thought of pizza was surprisingly unhelpful.

Feeling yourself teetering towards a downward spiral, you tried your best to pull yourself together, offering the only bit of reassurance you could muster.

At least you didn't get some nasty messages of abuse from him??

Look on the bright side.

This isn't the end of the world...

Yet.

You tried reflecting on the previous day, now slightly cringing over how public and dramatic you made everything.

There's a small possibility that you may have over-reacted a little, but it was still kind of justified.

Just how long was he expecting you to so willingly play along with his little game anyways?