☆13

The whole way home, both Yuji and Donghyuck were grinning and as they reached the door their faces were hurting

"Welcome ho- oh my God you're holding hands! GUYS OH MY GOD, LOOK!" Jaehyun practically screamed, pulling them both into the house and they immediately let go of each others hands.
"What?" Renjun said, running around the corner.
"Where? What?" He scanned over them to see no hand holding.
"They were just-"
"So what's for dinner." Donghyuck interrupted, walking towards the living room whereas Yuji was taking her shoes off.

Jaehyun's mouth fell agape at the fact his excitement was pushed aside, sighing he walked after Donghyuck and left the twins alone.
"Hey, let's go upstairs for some privacy- we need to talk." Renjun started, nodding up the stairs to which Yuji nodded and followed him, fiddling her fingers anxiously.
Renjun pushed open the door to Donghyuck's room and shook his head at the dark and messiness. He pulled open the curtains and sat back on the bed.

Yuji sat on the chair at the desk and waited for him to start.
"Yuji..." He started, rubbing his temples.
"I know you're soulmates, but I really wish it wasn't Donghyuck." He sighed, looking down at the floor.
"Why?" Yuji asked, her eyes trailing over his room properly for the first time.
"Because... because Donghyuck isn't- Yuji listen, I'm not trying to scare you away from him, but he isn't all sunshines."
The mention of the sun made Yuji subconsciously look at the sun shaped tattoo on her ankle and laugh at the irony.

Renjun rolled his eyes and tried to stay serious.
"You don't know Donghyuck properly, you should have seen him when we met- typical bad boy, he still is. You know what I mean, I've told you about him before."
Yuji's nose scrunched up trying to recall any mentions of her soulmate.
"Wait- the Donghyuck as in..."
"The one who was a complete dickhead and did stuff he wasn't supposed to? Yes. This is what I'm saying Yuji, he isn't all that innocent- look."

Renjun retrieved the packet of cigarettes on his nightstand and threw it to his twin, watching as she looked at the pack on her lap.
"But- I thought you're friends with him?"
"I am now, but even then I don't agree with what he does- he stays out late and we don't even know where he is most of the time, he gets into fights, smokes, drinks and I'm scared Yuji- because I know he'll hurt you-"
"He won't." Yuji shook her head.
Renjun sighed and looked at the girl.

"Maybe not intentionally but you have to understand if he gets hurt- so do you. You don't know how horrible it was seeing him half dead, beaten up- the pain Yuji, you'll feel that pain and I don't want you to."

Yuji didn't say anything, she only sat staring at the ground, mulling over the words. The opening of the door caused the twins to look towards the noise.
"Oh, I didn't know you were in here." Donghyuck voiced, lingering at the door.
"I just came to-" yet he stopped once he saw his packet of cigarettes in her lap.
"Uh get my charger."