𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

LOSING YOU

     DESPITE HER PROTESTS, Tommy had finally convinced Deborah to go back to Ada's while he had dinner with the Russians and Father Hughes

     DESPITE HER PROTESTS, Tommy had finally convinced Deborah to go back to Ada's while he had dinner with the Russians and Father Hughes. She had fought against his demands through the long drive to London, reminding him that he could barely sit up straight without her help. Deborah didn't understand why her husband was so against her attending the meeting, that was until he finally let it slip. After a rough beating from Father Hughes, the unholy priest had threatened Tommy with Deborah and Veronica's lives.

Once she learnt of the threats to herself and her daughter's life, Deborah shut up and jumped out of the car at Ada's. Now here she was, sitting across from her best friend and sister-in-law, a bottle of whiskey and gin sat between the two. It was late, Karl already off to bed by the time Deborah had arrived, however, the people of the Soviet Embassy had yet to arrive. That left the women will alcohol, cigarettes and a lot of gossip that needed unloading.

Of course, Ada knew all about Tommy's affair with the Duchess. Deborah didn't have to be told, she already knew that Polly or Lizzie would have rang up the Shelby woman. They were all against Thomas Shelby at the moment - Ada especially. She had yet to fully forgive her brother for all the problems he caused her years back, with Freddie and little Karl. Out of all the women to find out about Tommy's mistake, Ada had been the most shocked and pissed off. Deborah was her friend, her sister, and she hated seeing the woman's heart broken.

"I still can't believe you let me go on a date with Ben fucking Kelly." Deborah laughed, pointing an accusing finger at a giggling Ada.

"What!" Ada exclaimed with a teasing look of offence. "You told me you needed to move on from Tommy."

Deborah scoffed and shook her head. "Not with Ben fucking Kelly."

"Don't lie." Ada giggled, drinking her gin. "You found him attractive."

"No, you found him attractive." Deborah defended. "But he was eighteen and you were fourteen, so you forced me to go instead."

"Fine, you're right!" Ada cackled, clutching her stomach. "I was bloody jealous when I saw him kiss you goodnight."

Deborah reached for her glass and finished her drink. The women's cheeks were tinted pink from the warmth of the fire and the buzz of the gin and two large grins spread across their painted lips.

"Don't be it was bloody awful." Deborah revealed, sending them both into another round of giggles.

They feel into a comfortable silence and slouched back in their seats. The house was quiet as they waited for the group of men and Tommy to arrive to the house.

"Have you forgiven him?" Ada finally asked the long awaited question, as she poured them both another drink.

Deborah, who was slouched back in her seat, with a burnt out cigarette between her fingers, shrugged and downed the alcohol. "I haven't even thought about it." She sighed.