Care

Hazel's POV

Master sets me down on the counter as he did last time, leaving me to undress. I only have a large shirt on, so it's easy to remove.

I swing my feet joyously. I don't know what has gotten into Master, one day he's forgetting about my existence, but the next he wants to give me hugs, rub my back, and give me baths.

Master turns around, ready to set me in the tub, his hands reach up to take me from the counter top, but he pauses, a frown spreading across his face.

My smile slips from my face too, unsure what he's mad about. I undressed like he wanted. "I asked you if you were okay," he says with an angry huff, taking me from the counter in one swoop.

My brows furrow and he pulls me down on the tub side, my back facing him. I instantly arch away the second he pokes one of the aggravated lash marks.

"Why didn't you tell me I was hurting you?" He asks, sound upset at me.

"I though you wanted to hurt me," I say in confusion. Isn't that why he had a whip in the first place? He was just punishing me.

"When I was rubbing your back, Hazel. I asked you if you were okay," he snaps, another huff leaving his mouth. "Why didn't you tell me I was irritating your back?"

"I...I...you-you never hug me, I-I was worried you'd stop." Tears fill my eyes. No one has wanted to hug me before, it was so nice to feel his arms around me.

I've never felt so safe, not in my entire life. When he let me lay my head on his chest and listen to his heart beat, I could have died a happy girl right then.

I reach for him, sliding off the tub side ungracefully. I pull myself into his lap and he looks at me cryptically. "I-I just wanted you to hug me," I explain, burying my head in his neck.

"I was hurting you," he says with a sigh, not sounding mad anymore.

"You didn't mean to. You didn't know." He was just trying to hug me, it wasn't my fault I got myself punished.

"Hazel...you need to tell me next time. Do you understand?" I nod my head, squeezing my arms around his neck more. This doesn't feel the same as it did earlier. His arms aren't around me, holding me close. "I want a verbal answer."

"Yes, Master. I understand." Small tears slip down my face. He has never wanted anything to do with me except for this morning.

I want him to want to hug me, and cuddle me, and kiss me so badly. I want to feel loved and cared for more than anything.

"Your water is going to get cold, Hazel. I'll hold you after I bandage up everything, okay? Just be a good girl for me, yes?"

I crawl over the side of the tub and sit patiently, last time he didn't want me to move around when he was washing me.

He has me sit in the water for a moment. All he does is examine my face. He looks like he is in deep thought for a minute before he finally gets into action, getting out the soap and shampoo.

He takes his time, being very gentle with me as he washes me. Last time it had hurt when he tried to wash me fast.

I didn't mind his callused hands, but they were rough with me and I didn't like it.

This time though, his touch is barely a whisper. He avoids the lash marks on my arms, legs and back. When he washes my hair, he is gentle the whole time, careful not to tug at my hair or get soap in my eyes.

He gets up to hand me a towel and I crawl out of the tub. "Thank you, Master," I say sincerely, truly grateful for his gentle washing.

He looks down at me for a second, switching the towel he got to his other hand. He wordlessly lays the towel over me and straightens himself up.