Chapter 6

Hey there, the next chapter is up. For a while I didn't think that I was going to make it in time, but I did. The reason is that I was sick and today's Halloween which is also my birthday. Yay! This is going to be a short chapter I am so sorry, but at least it up.

Ed stayed in the bathroom.

I'm not going to tell Al or the bastard of a Colonel. They don't need to worry about me.

Ed shakily stood up and walked out of the bathroom. With each step, Ed got less shaky. He stopped at the coffee table and picked up the book that he was reading then he walked up to his room. 

It was morning and Roy quietly opened the door to Ed's room. He saw that Ed was lying in the bed with a book on his face.

Roy walked in and took the book off of Ed's face, then he pulled the covers over Ed. 

It was a typical day at the office, three people have died, all citizens. The wounds were the same and there was still no leads.

The sun had begun to set as Roy walked home. The streets were mostly empty though no one paid any attention to him as they were all hastily trying to finish what they were doing so that they could be home before the night had truly overtaken the city.

That's when Roy felt like someone was watching him. He turned around, but there was no one walking behind him. Roy shocked his head and chuckled a little. Now, he was becoming as paranoid as the rest of the people.

Or maybe it was the lack of sleep that had got him, either way, it was most likely his mind playing tricks on him.

This case was taking a lot out of him. Everyone including Roy wanted the murderer off the streets and behind bars.

Roy sigh and with each step the streets melt away and Roy was stuck running through his thoughts, making notes of the case. Turning theories over in his mind until Roy realized that he had completely forgotten to ask Edward or Alphonse about the case.

Roy walked fast until his feet landed on his doorstep and he swung the door open.

Edward was looking at one of the bookcases within the living room.

"Do you do anything else, but read?" Roy asked

Ed tore his gaze from the many book spines and looked at Mustang.

"No, there's nothing else to do here, but read."

"Edward, I want to ask you something," Roy said while walking to the couch.

Roy sat down. Ed rolled his eyes and with a little sigh he sat down on the opposite end of the couch, not wanting to get any closer to Mustang then possible.

"Do you remember anything from when you got shot?"

Ed thought for a moment, thought back to that rainy afternoon.

"Yeah, I think," Ed muttered.

"What do you remember?" Roy asked, hoping whatever it was could help with the investigation in some way.

"I was walking around Central, but I remember stopping in front of a labrador, it looked abandoned and I thought that it could served as a hideout for the murderer."

I decided to look around inside to see if my hunch was right. Then I heard a gunshot and there was someone talking. The next thing I know there was a gun pressed into my back."

A woman said not to turn around or else I would be shot, but that's when my memory blanks out. I can't remember anything up till the moment I woke up in the hospital."