Chapter 32

I set my bag down on my bed, seeing all my old belongings returned back to their rightful place and out of the attic, where my father put them. The two suitcases, Levi dropped off, are seated near my bedroom door.

The lighting in dim in here and the light against the lamp shade is filling the room with a dull, depressing gray color. I open the bags to begin unpacking my things and a few new items of clothing that I didn't have before I lived with Levi. He managed to drop off my stuff when no one was home.

It's been a week since Levi confesses he loved me, which was the last time I've seen him. Saying I missed Levi would be an huge understatement because words can't even describe how I'm feeling, right about now. I collapse down onto my bed and let out a draining sigh.

"Knock, knock." A light voice calls out to me from the doorway.

I lift only my head up, glancing at the tall image. My mother stood before me, sending me a sympathetic smile. "Hey." I answer as my head falls back on the comforter.

"Sweetie, shouldn't you be happy? You're back home with your family and soon you'll be finishing college."

I groan. I don't know why because she's completely right. This is what I wanted in the first place. To be home with my parents and brother and be able to return to college soon, where Mel is. Freedom is what I, originally, asked for. But now that it's here, I'm not sure if I ever actually wanted that. Maybe I just like to feel in control of myself and being forced to live with a total stranger didn't fit the bill.

To be honest, I'm still confused. Confused as to why I care so much about someone like Levi. Someone that's so familiar with violence. I don't know if this feeling will ever go away.

But I do know one thing. I'm done lying to people about being okay and, most importantly, I'm done lying to myself about how I feel.

I say it once and I'll say it again. I love Levi Garcia.

I wouldn't change the way I feel for the world. I'm not ashamed of it. I am scared as hell to be harboring these emotions from my family and from him, but I'm not ashamed. I'm afraid that if I tell Levi that he won't listen or he won't believe me because I've pushed him away so many times. I'm afraid he will only focus on the danger, I would be in, if I stayed with him.

"I don't know what wrong with me, Mom." I cover my eyes with my hands, tear falling down the side of my face.

"Tell me what's wrong. I can help if you talk to me." She encourages.

My hands push behind me, bringing my torso off the bed as I lean against the wall. "If I tell you, you're gonna hate me. You all are."

My Mom, gently, places herself beside me. Her arms goes around my shoulders and rubs my arm. "Kara, I could never hate you. You're my daughter. What could be so bad that you think I would hate my only daughter," She asks me.

I feel another teardrop fall and her hand goes up to wipe it away. "..Levi." A quiet sob releases from my mouth before I can stop it. "I'm in with love him."

My mother's mouth drops open as she stares back at me. Her hand halts on my forearm. "Kara.." I can't bare to look at her face anymore. I'm too scared of what she holds in her eyes. "Kara look at me, sweetie," she orders, grabbing my face and making me look into her eyes. "I'm your mother. I will never judge you for who you love. No matter who they are. Your feelings are your feelings and you can't control them. I'm not going to sugar coat it and say everything will be fine because things could get ugly when your father and brother find out."

"I don't want them to find out yet. I wanna tell Levi, first." I explain, picking at my cuticles. Dried up tears stained on my cheeks.

Mom nods and we both go silent for a few minutes. Then I feel a poke to my side and look back up to her to see a smirk on the side of her face. "My baby's in lovee." She teases.

I feel my face get hot. "Stopp," I say, shielding my face.

"Levi Garcia. Who would've thought that would be the boy you fall in love with." She shakes her head in disbelief.

Suddenly I feel a shadow cast over me and both Mom and I turn towards the door and see Adam standing there.

"What the fuck?" His eyes are red and alert. I look at him in horror as his eyebrows scrunched together in anger.