Thirty-Eight: Plot Under Plot Under Plot

The next day was nice. I was left unbothered and allowed to actually get my work done while at work. The entire day, no one called me. It was dark by the time I pulled up to the mansion, the lights were still on, letting me know Klaus and Rebekah were still awake. 

Walking up the stairs I froze upon hearing shouts of pain from a very familiar voice. Racing in, my eyes widened at the sight before me and my hand flew to my mouth. 

Hanging from bear traps was none other than Damon Salvatore, who was currently trying to pull his hands out of the traps while Stefan, Klaus, and Rebekah watched. "What the hell is going on here?" I asked slowly, gaining attention from every vampire in the room, even Damon as he tried to tear off his hands. "Damon stop! You're hurting yourself." I said worriedly, rushing forward, only to be caught by Klaus and pulled into his chest. 

Then Klaus laughed, "Alright, stop, stop, stop, before you hurt yourself. Well, seeing that he can finally be compelled. Now," He left me, grabbing Damon by the throat. Meanwhile, Rebekah gently reached out and pulled me to her, keeping me behind her and away from the vampires. "Minus the stake that's in my brother, how many more stakes are out there that can kill me?"

My eyes widened as I stared at Stefan and Damon in shock, my grip tightening on Rebekah's hand. She was my friend and they wanted to kill her? "Eleven."

"Eleven! Really? So, not eight then." Klaus whirled and glared at Stefan. 

I refused to look at anyone, choosing to glare at the ground instead, "You really shouldn't have lied." Rebekah hissed at Stefan.

"I'll get you the other three." 

Chuckling, Klaus nodded, "Yeah, that'll be nice." I felt sick, knowing that there was no way that Klaus was letting Stefan go that easily, "Or since you lied, maybe I'll just compel your brother to chew out his own tongue." 

"What is wrong with you?" Stefan asked in disgusted shock.

"What is wrong with you?! Do you really have no appreciation for me? I have given you someone to hate, to loathe, a target for all of your anger; so you don't have to turn it on yourself. I have given your life purpose, as your friend," Even though I haven't exactly been Stefan's number one friend recently, even I knew Klaus shouldn't have said that. Even still, Klaus laughed at Stefan, "I really think you should be thanking me."

In an instant, Stefan had Klaus pinned to the wall with a white oak aimed at his heart. Klaus did nothing but narrow his eyes, "Step down, or you both die."

Realizing that if he killed Klaus at that instant, then Rebekah would have killed him and Damon, Stefan relaxed, allowing Klaus to take his stake. "There, now you only have to get me the other two." The Hybrid taunted slightly. 

Rebekah and I shared a look before both of us rolled our eyes, "This is ridiculous." Rebekah said as she walked to Damon and released him from the bear traps holding his hands up. 

Shocked by his sister's actions, Klaus stormed up to Bekah angrily, "What are you doing?" 

"I brought him here. I get to release him. My rules now. Bring us the stakes and you both live. Take your brother as a sign of good faith." I picked up the duffle with the stakes and followed Bekah out of the room. 

Once out of the room, I turned to stare at Bekah with wide eyes, "I feel like I missed something." 

"You did." 

My eyes narrowed and I crossed my arms. "Fine, I will tell you. Basically, your sister killed Finn trying to kill all of us and like your hypothesis, which I'm pretty sure you told me that you told her, his entire sire line died. Damon seduced me for information on the White Oak so that the scooby gang plus your psycho killer friend," 

"Which one?" 

"Shut up Europa, so that they could all kill those in my family who are not their sire. That was me bleeding Damon so I could compel him to find out the location of the remaining White Oak stakes and get him to bring them to me. Obviously, that was cut short." 

Nodding, I hummed and shook my head, "Yeah, I'm glad I have a full-time job outside of Mystic Falls. Can't handle that 24/7. In fact, I think I'm going to go to the Mystic Grill, see you later tonight?" 

Rebekah nodded and waved me off. I passed Klaus on my way out but he was brooding too much to care about me. Once I was in my car I drove and I didn't stop until I reached my destination.

It was only then that I questioned why I was where I was. 

Because I definitely had no reason to go to the old witch house. 

Cautiously, I grabbed my taser and pepper-spray, creeping towards the structure like the faintest sound would alert everyone of my position. When I reached the front door, I pushed it open softly and stepped inside. Once I cleared the door, it slammed behind me. 

"Hello Europa, what news do you bring me?" 

Spinning on my heels, I faced none other than Esther Mikaelson. 

That was when memories of the night of the ball flooded my mind. As Klaus had, Esther had me under a mind-control of sorts to spy on everyone for her and report back without retaining any memory of my actions. 

Tears prickled my eyes as I stared at Esther. I instantly started shaking my head. "No, no, please. I can't- don't make me!" My back hit the wall as Esther walked towards me. 

Her hand grabbed my face as she tilted her head, "You'll tell me everything, whether you want to or not." 

Then I realized that this was so far from being compelled. Witches could only draw someone to a place and affect memory, they couldn't force you to say anything. That's when the second round of memories hit. The memory of pain that night at the ball, of the searing pain without wounds on my body. I told them everything I knew. Not only that, I told them everything I knew other people knew. 

But I wouldn't this time. This time it put my friend's lives directly in danger. Before it was just gossip information. The creation of more White Oak stakes had to stay with me. 

In an instant, the pain started and I screamed, collapsing to the ground, "What has happened? I know Finn is dead but how? Tell me!" 

Writhing, I shook my head, "I don't know! Please stop!" 

My nerve endings were on fire as I tried to figure out which information would be okay to release and what needed to stay with me. 

"You know something! Tell me!" 

My back arched off the ground as noises that I had previously been unaware humans were capable of making tore from my lips. "I don't know how Finn died! I swear!" Esther intensified her spell. It felt as though my bones should be breaking even though I knew they wouldn't. "I swear! I haven't been staying with my sister, I've been with Klaus while we try to fix Rick! We don't know how well the herbs that Bonnie gave him will work, it's too dangerous for me to be at home! No one told me that Finn had even died until I came home and heard it from Rebekah. She wouldn't tell me anything more!" 

The pain stopped. I curled into a ball, breathing deep shudders as I tried to recover. 

"My children are not naturally trusting, it would make sense that they wouldn't tell you how Finn died. If Finn is dead, that must mean that the linking spell was broken seeing as my other children and their vermin race has not been snuffed out." Esther muttered to herself. 

Soft sobs came from my mouth that I worked to smother. Ignoring me, Esther continued pacing and plotting, "It's no matter. I still have my hunter. All will work out at it should." Turning her eye onto me, Esther held her hand out and more pain erupted in my head. 

I felt the wall click in place, disconnecting me from the memories of what Esther has been doing to me. 

Then I left.