Chapter 3 (edited)

Percy's P.o.V
Hayley put her hand to a keypad near the door and the door clicked open. The room was huge. No, magnificent. You know that feeling where you go somewhere and you go,"Woah" involuntarily? Yeah, this room gave the exact same vibe. Or maybe you'd just be stunned speechless, like I was currently.

There was a chandelier hanging from the middle of the ceiling, lighting up the room. However, it was different from those that were seen in the houses of the wealthy. In the crystals of the chandelier, where at most people's houses had light bulbs, they looked as thought they contained thousands, close to millions, of stars. Wait....what? Stars? Never mind. I made a mental note to ask someone about that later.

The walls were plain black, but they were glimmering, like they had been polished. My ADHD made me want to touch the walls because they looked cool and cold to touch, but my mind said, no, Percy, what if touching it made your hand drop off? Or that man on the throne might behead you and throw you into a dungeon where your reckless self will never escape from? Even the floor was beautiful. It was black, the same black as the walls, except that there were cracks that made them look like marble, which was probably the design of the floor. However, other than my urge to run around touching everything, the room seemed perfect.

There were three thrones--one big, two small, all made of the same material as the walls. A man was sitting at the big throne. He had an aura of someone powerful, like he could kill anyone, including the gods, with a snap of his fingers. His hair was black. Not black, black, but seriously black. His skin contrasted the colour of his hair, white as snow, like the kind of man who never went out, however, his eyes that swirled with stars and the colour of galaxy in each of them, were warm and inviting. He wore a black suit that showed his broad shoulders, so I guess that he was quite well built under the suit.

"Hello!" Yep, he seemed like a ray of sunshine right there.

"Thanks, Eagle, for bringing Percy here. Come, children, have a seat." He said. Why did he call Hayley Eagle? I was itching to ask, but didn't trust myself to speak. He snapped his fingers and gestured in front of him, and out came a few chairs. They were black as well. He must have some serious obsession with black, I figured.

"So how should I introduce myself?" He seemed to ponder for a while, probably before thinking, for lack of better language, fuck it, and just introduced himself straight away.
"I'm Chaos, and this is my planet. You're here because, well, you're Percy Jackson, and you were injured. Now, before you go like, so what if I'm Percy Jackson? I'm nothing special and all that, I would like to add on to the fact that you are my son. Yes, your ears are not playing tricks on you, don't worry. You and Hayley are both my children. And you're twins! Her being 5 minutes younger than you are. No, your real mother is not Sally Jackson, she just did eenie-meenie-minie-moe and you were chosen. "

"Yes, I know this is a horrible and unofficial way to claim that we are, in fact related, and that I am your father, and a horrible way to introduce myself as Chaos, but I'm not a person for formalities. So we shall just wing it, shall we?" He even added a wink after finishing.

It was so silent you could hear a pin drop, which I was tempted to do. It was so awkward, and the fact that Hayley and I just stood there while he was sitting up there in a huge throne probably just added to the awkwardness level.

I blinked a few times, his words ringing in my head. Chaos. Son. Not Sally Jackson's son. Holy shiitake mushrooms. I was the son of Chaos? Well, I wasn't sure that he was completely trustworthy, or that he was indeed Chaos the creator of everything, but I was sure that I had no means of escaping this place, even if I tried my best. So accepting it and winging it was probably my best chance at...well, everything.

Slowly, I nodded, shock still coursing through me.

"Got that? Great! Goodness me, I'm seriously no good at anything to do with patience and formality." He looked slightly bashful and embarrassed. "Anyways, you were probably wondering why I called Hayley Eagle earlier on," he paused and winked,"Yeah, I read your mind. Anyways it's because everyone here has a code name, to avoid being known in case of danger, and Hayley chose hers as Eagle."

Just then, he seemed to be listening someone or something speaking in his brain, because his eyebrows scrunched up. "Now, off you go to the testing room! Jazzy's got it all ready."

Hayley nodded, and lead the way out of the door with the gold plated handles. As we made our way out of the room, I couldn't help but think, I didn't bow to Chaos, the Creator of everything.