The Hook

The hook or 'The Hook Man' is a scary urban legend about a boyfriend and girlfriend who park in a deserted Lovers' Lane one late night.

One summer night, a teenage boy was going out on a date with his new girlfriend. He picked her up at her house and they drove out to the edge of town. They parked the car in a secluded spot that was a well-known Lovers' Lane.

As they gazed out at the lights of the town, the boy put his arm around the girl ad switched the car radio on so they could listen to some romantic music. 

He leaned over and the young couple began kissing and cuddling. Just as they were getting into the mood, the music suddenly stopped and a news-reader's voice came on the radio.

"This is an emergency announcement. Earlier tonight, a crazed murderer escaped from the state mental asylum. Police are warning citizens to be on their guard since the patient is considered dangerous and armed. The insane killer is nicknamed "The Hook Man" because, after he lost his right hand in an accident, it was replaced with a steel hook. Everyone in the area should be on the lookout for a man fitting his description. If you see anything suspicious, you should report it to the police immediately."

The girl became frightened and asked to be taken home. She knew that the state insane asylum wasn't far from the Lovers' Lane. She was also worried that the remote area where they were parked was the perfect spot for a deranged madman to lurk.

The boy was feeling brave and assured his girlfriend that they were perfectly safe. He locked all of the car doors, then tried to kiss her again. The girl became frantic and pushed him away, insisting that they leave immediately.

In a huff, the boy slammed the car into gear and spun its wheels as he pulled out of the parking space.

On the way back to town they both calmed down, but the girl still held on tightly to her boyfriend.

When they pulled up outside the girl's house, the boy got out of the car and walked around to open the door for his girlfriend.

For a long time, he just stood there, staring at the door. At first, the girl couldn't figure out what was wrong; then she realized that her door was still locked. She smiled and unlocked it. Still, the boy stood there.

The girl was puzzled and rolled down her window. Then she saw that the boy was staring down at the door handle. Slowly, she looked down herself and began to scream uncontrollably.

There, hanging from the door handle, was a bloody stainless-steel hook.