(27)

Song Above: Don't Call Me Up Mabel

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

After our eventful dinner, Rose and I had decided it was best to leave. I had text Ryan to tell him to call me later and I didn't even bother to try and say goodbye to Brody.

Rose tried to call him but it went straight to voicemail.

Mrs. Jackson was nowhere in sight, after the amount of wine she had consumed at dinner and abuse that Brody had thrown her way I assumed she was having a much needed early night.

I understood that he felt as if his privacy had been invaded and he was angry, but he didn't need to react as if we'd shot his Gran. It was more for mere fun than for us to be seriously considering that he was cheating. Well for me it wasn't, I couldn't speak for Rose.

I didn't know what was going on in their relationship, after all, it was their relationship but I somehow always managed to get involved despite my best efforts not to.

I was like a moth to the light whenever drama occurred. I couldn't stay away. I couldn't say away from him.

The only good thing about that dinner was one, the steak and two, it made me realize I had a lucky escape with Brody.  He was hot-tempered, dramatic and downright sociopathic. He was like a maze with no exit, there would never be an end with him. I could keep searching until my face turned blue and my eyes fell out. There was no point in searching for someone who didn't want to be found.

I made the right decision with Ryan.

I reached my house and opened the front door, turning all the lights on in the hallway and hanging my coat. My mom wasn't home still, which I was glad. One look at my thunderous face and she'd ask me a million questions. Our argument last night was still raw and after this terrible evening, I couldn't quite face her. I just wanted to get in bed and sleep all my feelings away.

I let out a sigh and rubbed at my cheeks. I passed a mirror on the way to the stairs and I purposely didn't look at my face afraid of what I might see. If I looked as tired as I felt it wouldn't be a pretty sight.

When I reached my bedroom I threw myself onto my bed, sighing in satisfaction at the feeling of being at home in your bed, where it was safe and warm. No harm could come my way when I was beneath my sheets nestled into the blankets that felt soft against my skin, nothing at all could cause me stress, or anxiety or unhappi-

"Yellow model chick, yellow bottle sipping, yellow Lamborghini"

The loud blaring sound of my phone's ringtone brought me out of my thoughts and I let out a groan. I rolled over and grabbed my phone from the bedside table, squinting at the screen.

Ryan.

Of course it would him. It was my own fault, I did tell him to call and Ryan is a man to keep his word. I let it ring for a couple of seconds, I couldn't sound desperate and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Ivy it's me, Ryan,"

Yes, Ryan, I know that it's you, I have your number saved.

"Oh Ryan, hey, you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good thanks," I heard his sheets ruffle as he moved, he must be in bed, "How are you? I'm sorry about earlier,"

"Don't be," He had nothing to be sorry about, he can't help it that his stepbrother is an asshole.

"I know," he mumbled, "It's just I didn't really get to see you tonight alone and then dinner was cut short,"