seventeen

《CHAPTER SEVENTEEN》

CARTER WENT FOR Sam

CARTER WENT FOR Sam. He was the one she got to first. As she threw herself at him, he shouted "No! I am not fighting you!"

"Well, that's too bad because I'm fighting you!"

He flew up into the air, dodging her punch, but she was soon up after him. Her races with him had come in handy. He was slightly faster than her with his wings, but she was definitely giving him a run for his money. She could almost imagine that they were just playing another fun game back in the Avengers facility and had to keep reminding herself that she was in the middle of a battle.

This time, instead of jumping off a portal, she went through one, appearing right in front of Sam in mid-air. She sent an awkward kick his way, only slightly getting him, but still making him yelp nonetheless.

"Carter, just leave!"

"No, thank you!"

He was becoming increasingly furious as she kept popping up in his way, sending a quick kick or punch his way before dropping through another portal. He didn't want to fight her, so he was holding back. If he did fight, he'd more than likely win, but he wasn't going to risk hurting her.

"No, you get to the jet! Both of you!" Sam spoke as he dodged Carter.

"Huh?"

"The rest of us aren't getting out of here. This isn't the real fight, Steve." A pause. "We need something big, a diversion."

"What the hell are you talking--" Carter demanded, cutting herself off as she fell through a portal. Once she materialized again, she continued "--about!?"

She soon found out. The new guy from before-- the one with a red and black suit and a strange mask-- had grown extremely large. He towered over everyone, even the planes, as his outstretched arm held onto Rhodey, making the large man look like a kid and Rhodey a toy that the kid was playing with.

Carter nearly fell twenty feet, as she was so surprised by this, but luckily managed to catch herself a split second before crashing onto the hard concrete.

She stood on the ground, looking up at the large man in awe and horror.

Now would be a good time for him to switch sides, she thought to herself.

"Carter, stay away from the giant man," Tony spoke through her earpiece in a warning tone.

Being fully honest, she was about to step away. She didn't know where to, but definitely away from the giant. But then he threw Rhodey.