Chapter 13(Suspicions Breed and Tony Needs to Eat)

Tony paced his room, his mind trying to connect all the dots to an ever increasingly larger puzzle. Who was Spiderman and what was the extent of his abilities? And now Peter Parker. At first Tony only wanted to keep an eye on him because of the warehouse incident, and then because he just seemed like a smart kid down on his luck. But now Tony had new reasons to be suspicious. Someone knocked on his door before stepping in.

"Tony."

"What do you want Bruce?" Tony said not stopping his pacing.

"You need to come eat."

"I already got something."

Bruce raised an eyebrow, "I don't think a pop tart counts as a meal. Unless your Thor that is."

Tony sighed. "You aren't going to leave me alone unless I go, are you?"

"Nope." Bruce said smiling. "And besides, you know Pepper will find out and then you'll really be in for it." Tony sighed again before following his science bro to the kitchen. An angry Pepper was not something he liked to deal with. Especially when she convinced JARVIS to lock him out of his lab. That had been a miserable week.

"I see you got the Son of Stark to join us for the partaking of supplement." Thor boomed. Tony glanced around the kitchen and almost decided to forget the consequences and go back to his room.

Steve was standing over the stove cooking something that smelled pretty good and Thor was stuffing himself with pop tarts, he'd have to remind himself to order more. The real problem was Clint and Nat. They were both sharpening weapons and occasionally throwing them at each other, probably to test reflexes but it was still a hazard for anyone close by. And even if they weren't Tony still would've preferred the solitude of his room. Socializing was just, gross. But Bruce was standing behind him now, gently shoving him into the kitchen.

Nat glanced up at him, catching the knife Clint threw at her without looking. "What's wrong?"

He knew it was useless to lie to the assassin. "Just something that happened earlier today with one of my interns." She raised an eyebrow.

"Anything we can do to help?" Steve said turning from where he'd been stirring a pot of what appeared to be soup.

Tony thought for a second. "JARVIS pull up our most recent feed on Spiderman." A holographic image appeared and began playing the fight.

"Tony, we've already seen this before." Bruce said confused.

"Just wait. JARVIS fast-forward to where Hulk comes in." The scene played, Hulk grabbing Spiderman's wrist. "Freeze." Tony turned to the rest of the Avengers. "What wrist is Hulk holding?"

"His left. Tony what is this about?" Bruce asked.

"JARVIS pull up the most recent feed from my lab and fast-forward to the section I've been viewing."

The scene changed and quickly passed through footage from the lab until freezing on an image of a boy rubbing his left wrist.

"I don't know what you're trying to show. Who's this kid?" Clint said.

"This is Peter, my newest intern. Recently I asked him to work in my personal lab."

"What does that have to do with Spiderman?" Clint said.

"They both have injured left wrists, that can't be a coincidence." Tony said.

"Tony, you don't seriously think that this kid is Spiderman?" Steve said.

"The Man of Spiders is a child?" Thor questioned.

"No Thor, Tony's just being paranoid." Clint said smirking. Tony scowled at him.

"What do you think, Nat?" Tony asked.

She stared at the frozen screen intently for a moment before answering. "He appears to have the same build and height. But that doesn't mean they're the same person. After all, I'm pretty sure Hulk broke Spiderman's wrist and the kid's wrist only looks sore."

Bruce winced, "Sorry about that. I didn't want to hurt him that bad."

"It's not your fault, Bruce. We were tasked with taking him into custody and he resisted. He was bound to get injured." Steve reassured, patting his friend on the shoulder.

"Could Spiderman have enhanced healing?" Tony asked, beginning to pace.

"SHIELD doesn't have any recorded abilities for Spiderman. He's been seen sticking to walls but we aren't sure whether that's an ability or a part of his suit." Nat answered.

"So it could be possible." Bruce said thinking.

"Must we capture the boy to ask if he is the Man of Spiders?" Thor asked.

"No." Steve said firmly. "We need more evidence first."

"What if we just interrogate him a little bit." Clint said.

"No." Steve answered.

Nat turned to Tony. "How do you plan on finding out?"

Tony thought for a moment. "Well, Spiderman is seen at most big crime scenes. What if I set up a T.V. in the lab playing the news? If Peter sees it and leaves then we go after him."

"And if he doesn't?" Nat asked.

"Then we think of another way to make sure." Steve said before Clint can make another comment about interrogating the kid.

"Ok." Tony said nodding. "JARVIS, get someone to install a T.V. in my lab."

"Of course, sir."

"Great." Tony said starting to walk out of the kitchen.

"Tony." Bruce called.

"What."

"You still haven't eaten"

Tony huffed, walking back into the kitchen. 

imagine this picture but with the Avengers and then Fury

sorry for the short filler chapter

next chapter may take longer, I know what I want to happen but I still haven't figured out how to write it well

Votes and comments are appreciated

Till next time 

sayonara peoples!