🎃tiptoe | luck voltia x reader🎃 AU

Author's Note:

Okay, so this one's not really Halloween-like unless I gave you a backstory. If this had a sequel, I'd have a chance to explain Luck's true intentions in this story. For now, you'll have to guess. Here's a hint: listen carefully to the song's lyrics (mainly in the beginning).

"Knee-deep in flowers we'll stray. We'll keep the showers away."

Happy Haunting!

(Y/n) = Your Name

(Y/n) = Your Name

(L/n) = Last Name

(N/n) = Nickname

(Y/n)'s Point of View:

He looks at me like I'm his next prey. He talks to me like I'm his lover. He touches me like I'm a fragile and rare artifact. And he walks away like I'm a stranger.

"Pardon me, your majesty, but it's getting quite late out. Perhaps you should come back inside."

...

"Princess, were you listening? Is something wrong?"

"Huh?!" I snap out of my hopeless trance to face reality.

The butler repeats himself, "I said it's getting late. Maybe you should come back inside."

Oh, he's right. The sun slipped away from the sky while I was tending to my garden. I've never been particularly well with managing my time. For that fact alone, my parents say I'm an irresponsible dunce. But who am I to deny their claim? Not once have I ever proven that I can be responsible. Someday I'll have to grow up though. I'm the only child...so the throne is bound to be mine in the future. I don't want that, but mother says I'll have a king by my side. He'll assist me with my troubles and punish those who oppose me. He'll be my knight in shining armor and I'll be his army. But what good is this fantasy if I'd rather be alone for all eternity?

"I'll be inside in a moment. I just need to plant the last of these tulip seeds."

He nods and heads back to the castle. I wish I had the time to learn the names of all these servants. But they all seem to come and go. My mother and father are always hiring new butlers and maids to do their bidding. I don't understand why they find it so difficult to take care of themselves, but their orders are beyond me.

I take a handful of the seeds and carefully drop them into the holes I've dug up. As I'm doing this, I feel a drop of water land on the back of my hand. Another one lands on my nose and another on the back of my neck.

Dammit, I should've gone inside when I had the chance.

I'm about to ditch my garden supplies and go back inside, but the rain suddenly stopped landing on my skin. Instead, I was dry and the ground around me was soaked. From above, a familiar chuckle erupts.