🎃hush | father!yami x mother!reader🎃

Author's Note:

This one was supposed to be a cute little oneshot...but it kinda turned into something a bit twisted. Sorry.

"Hush-Hush-Hush. Here comes the Boogeyman! Don't let him come too close to you. He'll catch you if he can."

Happy Haunting! (I forgot to say that last time lmao)

(Y/n) = Your Name

(D/n) = Daughter's Name

(e/c) = Eye Color

(N/n) = Nickname

(h/c) = Hair Color

Your Point of View:

"Holy shit!" I jump, spilling a cluster of popcorn all over the bed.

As expected, my husband groans from beside me, "For the tenth time, we don't have to finish the movie. I swear you've been catching a heart-attack every few seconds, woman."

I shake my head, "No. I've already committed. I'm not backing down."

As the movie continues, the jump scares never stop. I don't know how he did it, but Yami ended up falling asleep sometime near the end of the movie. So now I'm sitting in front of the tv screen, watching the credits roll on by. I turn to my snoring husband and sigh. At least someone's sleeping well tonight.

I grab the remote and turn off the tv before cleaning up all the popcorn I spilled. Once the sheets are decently clean, I climb into bed and cuddle up next to Yami. Still unconscious, he wraps an arm around my waist, holding me close.

"Goodnight, Yami."

...

...

...

...

I'm jolted awake by a little girl's scream. My little girl's scream, to be exact. I sit up in bed and rub my eyes.

Maybe I was just imagining things.

I was about to doze off again...until I heard the heartbreaking sound of a child's weeping. Quickly, I put on my fuzzy Happy the cat slippers and rush down the hallway. Once I reach my daughter's room, I flick on the light like a madman.

"(D/n)! What's wrong, hun? Are you hurt?" I blurt, sliding across the floor toward her bedside.

She lifts her head to look straight into my (e/c) eyes. Tears are tumbling down her cheeks and her nose is a rose-like shade.

"Mommy! I h-heard something in my c-closet," she whimpers, clinging to my pajama shirt.

I run my hand gently along her (h/c) locks, "Shh, shh, It's okay. Mommy's got you, baby. Something could've just fallen over, okay? I'll take a look."

"N-no! Don't leave me. W-what if it's the boogeyman?!" her grip on my shirt begins to tighten.

"You'll be okay," I assure her as I pick up her favorite teddy bear, "Here, Mr. Mellow will keep you safe."

She hesitantly grabs the stuffed plush from my grasp, "P-promise?"

I nod, "Promise."

Sighing, I then shuffle to the closet door. As if I were ripping off a bandaid, I swiftly open the closet door. And much to my expectation, everything was completely normal. I turn back to face (D/n) with a smile on my face.

"See? Everything's okay. There's nothing to be afraid of."

She still looks frightened, so I close the closet door and take a seat on her bed.

"My mom used to sing a song to me whenever I was afraid of imaginary monsters. You wanna hear it?"

(D/n) nods, cuddling into my arms.

"Okay, it goes like this," I clear my throat. To be fair, the song is pretty creepy, but it made me feel safe at the same time. "Hush, hush, hush. Here comes the boogeyman. Don't let him come to close to you. He'll catch you if he can. Don't you be afraid of him, if he should visit you. He's a great big coward, so I'll tell you what to do..." I continue to sing the song all the way through.

Once I'm done singing, I look down at (D/n) to see her eyes slowly tearing up, "S-so the boogeyman really does exist?!"

What have I done?!

"No, no, sweety. That's not the point of the song. The point is that you're stronger than any of those cowardly monsters that try to sneak their way into your imagination. They don't even exist," I frantically explain.

"B-but you said he'll c-catch me if he can," she gulps.

I've officially scarred my own child.

"Baby, how about I just stay with you until you fall back asleep. Does that sound better?" I try bargaining.

Luckily, she nods and gets under her lavender-colored sheets. I join her in the bed, holding her securely in my arms.

"Goodnight, (D/n)."

...

...

...

...

I'm awoken by an empty bed.

"(D/n)? Where'd you go?" I ask, but I get silence in return, "(D/n)!"

Nothing.

I sit up in the bed before staring down at the lavender sheets. The moonlight shining through the window is giving me a clear view of what's in front of me. But perhaps I should've checked what was above me because I nearly vomited from what happened next. Several drops of fresh blood drip onto the pure clean sheets of my daughter's bed. I look up to the ceiling, my pupils retracting from the sight overhead.

"M-mommy. He...he caught me."

"(D/N)!!!"

#######################

"(Y/n)!"

I jump up from the bed, breathing heavily. To my left, Yami is looking at me as though I have five heads.

"Where's (D/n)?! Is she okay?!"

"Woah, woah, calm down. (D/n) is fine. Why wouldn't she be?"

"B-because t-t-there was that thing and the blood and the closet and-" I begin sobbing. Even if it was a dream, the mother bear in me is still traumatized. Maybe I should lay off on the horror movies.

I feel a pair of strong arms enveloping me in a comforting embrace.

"Just breathe. It was only a dream, (N/n). Everything's okay," he coos, stroking my hair. We stay in this position for a while until I eventually fall asleep. "Goodnight, (Y/n)."

...

...

...

...

I'm jolted awake by a little girl's scream. My little girl's scream, to be exact.

End.

Author's Note:

We made it to 20k reads!!! Should I do a Q&A? 

Word Count: 1,027