drugin' | nineteen.

January 10, 2019

Shantey flips her curly tresses over to the right side of her face putting in her gold large hexagon hoop earrings when she overhears her phone ringing from the bedroom

Shantey flips her curly tresses over to the right side of her face putting in her gold large hexagon hoop earrings when she overhears her phone ringing from the bedroom. She foots across the hardwood in her white low-top Air Force's and to Tavon's California King Bed. She picks up her iPhone and see her cousin and Anissa's brother Romelo calling.

"Hey, Melo," she touches her curls.

"Yo, look, you know me and my wives anniversary next month. I'm surprising her on renewing our vows that day. Just making sure you able to make it. It's on February 10th."

"I wouldn't miss your anniversary for anything. I'll call my assistant and let her know to clear my schedule for that day and the next cause I'm getting fucked up. I'm telling you now."

Romelo deep laughter fills her ear. "I know where you coming from. I'm doing the exact same thing. I, uh, heard bout you and Anissa–"

"That's your sister," She cuts him off, "I know she's going to be there."

"That and I want y'all to talk. It's been months now."

Shantey sighs, "we'll talk when the times right, Romelo."

"Aight. I ain't finna hold you up, Ledé. Just making sure you coming. I love you."

"I wouldn't miss it. Love you, too."

Shantey presses the end button on the screen and leaves the bedroom. She finds Romeo and Avant picking up their bedroom as Tavon demanded them to since their room was messy.

"Hey, Papa," she knocks softly on the door, getting their attention.

"Hey, Mom," he smiles and pecks her cheek as she touches his hair. "Why you touching my hair?"

"Because it looks ridiculous right now," she frowns staring at his hair all over his head.

"I'm finna get a line up after Dad done, dang." He laughs, tossing his pillow on his bottom bunk bed.