15

It had been a two weeks since Elijah broke the news to his sister, and she was on cloud nine ever since

sister, and she was on cloud nine ever since. She was so excited to see him this weekend, although it was only for four days, she would get to spend her birthday and Thanksgiving with him.

It was Thursday, the night before the holiday and she was in the store. She, Kionni and Talia made it tradition in college to make Thanksgiving together, and celebrate with the guys. This thanksgiving would be their fifth annual celebration.

"Okay, we're not missing anything but the liquor. Only Kiki brought her ID, so she has to buy it this year," Morgan snickered. They usually always played bubblegum like kids to decide who'd pay for all the wine and various other alcoholic beverages, but Kionni got the short end of the stick that year it seemed.

"Y'all dickheads did this on purpose," she whined, as they paid for their groceries and made the short trip to their local liquor store. "Give me thirty five seconds, I'll be back," she quickly said, hopping out of the car.

"Sooo, how's Boog?" Talia asked, looking back at her friend.

"He's unbelievably excited. Three teams have already approached him and scheduled meetings with him. He wants me to come, they're all willing to travel down to his school so I just gotta make my way down there. Jamari too! They want them both, they been calling them the Dream Team or something like that on ESPN," she chuckled.

"I can't believe this, I am so proud of that boy," she sighed, hand to her chest. "Felt like just yesterday you were dragging us to the field with you to watch him run his drills before we went to the mall," she said, making Morgan laugh.

She prioritized Elijah's game more than a lot of things. After his homework, his drills and simply running was something she had him do every night unless he was physically ill. She had Tre teach her some simple things, and she even asked his coach how to borrow some cones and those ladder things she always forgot the name of.

"Yep, my little superstar. He used to always complain when I woke his ass up early. He said he wanted to train like the high school boys so I did that and he was infuriated always on some 'Nuni leave me alone! I don't wanna play today,' I was not having that. You know his little league coach loved me," she reminisced as Talia laughed at the memories.

"You did a great job, Mo. He's phenomenal, just like his big sister," she said sweetly.

"Awww, thank you Lia," Morgan smiled, as Kionni hobbled back to the car with bottles and bags. "Look at her alcoholic ass," she chuckled as she got nearer to the car. Morgan hopped out and opened the door for her and then they made their way back to Talia and Treshaun's place.

This would be first Thanksgiving and weekend period in Treshaun and Talia's home here, because they were now completely settled from their old two bedroom house into something bigger, closer to the shop. Talia wanted to move her son out of the area as well, and everyone else was already gone, it was their turn