52; Snap

Since all of you were so concerned about Victoria I decided to update earlier than expected, I won't keep you waiting!😂❤️

As soon as I snapped my fingers, my body was shot back and there was a bright flash of white light. My ears were ringing, and my arm hurt.

"Victoria... Victoria...!"

Sounds were muffled and distorted. Opening my eyes, everything looked doubled. Steve leaned over me and I blinked to regain my vision.

"I'm okay... I'm fine..." I groaned, sitting up and immediately getting dizzy and falling back again, Steve catching me. He propped me up against a pile of debris.

I looked around to see the rest of the dog-things disappearing into dust, along with the corpses of the dead ones. Finally, my eyes met with Thanos' who sat defeated on a nearby rock. I sighed in relief when his body disintegrated into dust and blew away into the wind.

"Victoria," Peter approached, kneeling in front of me. He smiled with tears in his eyes. "You did it."

I let out a weak chuckle. "We did it."

...

After the battle, I took the gauntlet and we all travelled back to present day. As soon as we got back, Steve carried me upstairs from the basement then laid me back on my feet.

"So... so— where's Tony?" I looked around the house frantically.

"Victoria?" There was a muffled voice outside and my heart jumped out of my chest.

I ran to the door and ripped it open, running down the front steps and scanning the front yard. There he was...

"Dad!" I screamed with tears streaming down my face, running toward him. My whole body hurt from the battle, especially from the snap, but in this moment I didn't care.

Tony stood in the yard with scratches and bruises all over his face. He was wearing a ripped, black tee-shirt and dark pants which were, also, pretty ripped up. I guessed it was what he was wearing underneath his iron suit during the first battle. He stumbled forward with his arms out, a relieved smile on his face and tears in his eyes.

We finally reached each other and he leaned down, allowing me to run into his arms and he fell back with my force. He caught himself with an arm and sat on the grass with me in his lap. I cried into his shoulder and, for the first time, he cried too, this time not caring if I saw or not.

"I thought you were gone forever

"I thought you were gone forever..." I sobbed. He pulled me away from him so he could look into my eyes. Seeing him cry made me even more emotional.

"Never." He whispered. Then shook my shoulders slightly. "You did it!"

I laughed in disbelief and wrapped my arms tightly around him again.

"Tony?" A voice said behind us. We pulled apart and looked toward the house where everyone was walking toward us.

Standing up, Tony helped me to my feet and kept an arm around my shoulders, keeping me close to his side. He used his other arm to hug Steve, and then Nat, then everyone else one by one.

...
After removing my iron suit, Bruce had me sit on the island, then cleaned and bandaged my arm. The cream he applied stung and he apologized when I made a hissing noise.

Later that night, after Tony and I had gone to sleep, I was woken up in a cold sweat with tears streaming down my face and soaking my pillow. I shot up from the nightmare and tried to catch my breath. Something smashed onto the floor and I knew it was from my powers going haywire again. My room was pitch black besides the dim glow of an Iron Man night light Tony had gotten me for my birthday.

I quickly pushed the covers off my body and swung my legs over the edge of my bed, trotting out of my room and into the, also, dimly lit hallway. My bare feet hit off the running carpet with a "thump, thump, thump" because the house was so quiet. I reached Tony's room, seeing the door slightly ajar, and pushed it open slowly to see him sitting up in bed with a book in his hands. He looked up through his glasses, a small smile creeping onto his lips.

"Hi." He said and I came into the light fully.

"I can't sleep."

"Me neither." He patted the empty spot next to him and I quickly padded over and hopped under the covers. There was a moment of silence as Tony continued reading his book.

"I wish I would've found that stupid time machine earlier. I spent 2 weeks laying in bed, sulking." I said. "Bailey thought I was crazy."

Tony chuckled softly and closed his book, laying it on the nightstand. "How's your arm?"

I looked down at my bandaged arm. "It hurts... but the cream Bruce put on it helped."

Tony sighed. "You know... not just anyone could survive using the gauntlet." I looked up at him. "It shoots millions of electric waves through your body. Thanos is big, he has more body mass. It spreads out."

"Then, how did I survive it?"

"I don't know."

"You say that a lot when it comes to me."

Tony laughed. "Because you're extraordinary."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay."

"You are," he smiled. "You keep me on my toes. My life was boring before you came into it."

I grinned at him. "So was mine."

"I don't know a lot about your life before you came here."

I played with a piece of tape that was peeling off my bandage. "Do you want to?"

"If you want to tell me."

I hesitated, but decided to give it a shot.

"It was lame. I spent 7 years being my own mother and father because I didn't have anyone else to. The owners of the orphanage hated all of us, barely spoke to us. So, I mostly just sat in my bedroom, drawing, writing, doing whatever I could to keep myself busy." I took a breath and chuckled, recalling a memory. "I remember sometimes I would look out my bedroom window and just watch the kids play on the playground across the street - there was a school there."

"Did you ever go to school?"

I shook my head. "No. They 'homeschooled' us," I air-quoted. "But I had to teach myself a lot of what I know now because they either forgot or just didn't want to teach us. I stole textbooks from the closet they kept them in, when they accidentally left it unlocked, and stashed them under my bed.... Returned them when I was done and replaced it with the next grade."

"That's genius." Tony laughed.

"I would usually go through two grades a year instead of one because I had so much free time." I looked at him again. "I know, I'm a nerd."

"Kind of." Tony said, giving me a look. I scowled at him. "But so was I."

I fell asleep with his arms draped around me and my face burrowed into his chest.