Chapter 9- True understanding

"Hey sweeties," Poppy's dad Ryan say when we climb into the car and begin driving. 

"Hello Dada Ryan," I say as Poppy kisses his cheek. 

"So girls what do you want for Snacks?" He asks pulling into the underground car park for the supermarket. 

"We'll come in," we both say in unison. 

We run down the aisles searching for snacks while Ryan looks for food for dinner. We settle on a packet of Chuppa Chups, a bag of gummy bears, a jumbo of sour patch kids, two huge bottles of Pepsi and a packet of cheese-balls.

 "We are totally going to need a run after this," I tell Poppy as we walk back to Ryan. 

"Yes but today is lazy day," Poppy agrees when we finally find Ryan finding the salmon for dinner. 

"What are girls talking about?" Ryan inquires us grabbing a box of cherry tomatoes. 

"How this food is really bad for us and how we'll need to go for a run," Poppy tells him putting all our food in the trolley. 

"You need a little fat on those skinny bodies or else people will think we don't feed you," he laughs walking to the checkout. 

"That will be $67 thanks" the lady says sweetly handing me and Poppy the bags while Ryan pays. One of our favourite songs starts playing as we walk out. Causing me and Poppy to sing loudly. 

"You know you girls are the strangest pair I have ever met," Ryan laughs when we reach the car. 

"But you love us" I grin creepily at him. 

"True that," he laughs and shakes his head while he puts the groceries in the car. 

"Shot gun!" Poppy shouts jumping into the front seat. 

"Dang it!" I yell sliding into the backseat. 

"Haha shame sucker," she laughs poking her tongue out at me. 

"Weirdo," I say earning a laugh from Ryan.

"See you Daddy. Come get us when dinner is ready," Poppy yells when we arrive at her house. We sprint upstairs to her bedroom. Poppy plugs her phone into the stereo while I lay the food out on her desk. 

"Soo... What's with the hickey. When did that come about?" I ask curiously while I take my seat on her king sized double bed. 

"Ty and I were at his house and his parents weren't there and we made out for ages," she blushes twirling her hair around her finger. I nod understanding how feels in the moment. 

"How about you? Do you feel good about what happened in the shower?" She asks throwing me a watermelon flavoured lollipop. 

"I feel great. But since he's older and way more experienced. I feel like I might do it all wrong. You know? Like he's his bad boy self and I'm the 'cute' girl," I tell her opening my lollipop. 

"Honestly Rora. He's so in love with you. You could stare at him and he would be content. He looks at you with so much admiration. Ty is a babe and all, but we haven't built those deep feelings you and Carter have for each other. I know you two haven't been dating long but it's been a long time coming. Everyone knew you would get together sooner or later. You two are nearly as in love as Ryder and Ava are. And that's an accomplishment Rora. I totally understand how in the moment you might go further than you intended. But that doesn't make you a slut. It makes you human. If anyone judges you, then they obviously don't know how it feels. Anything you do with Carter. Whether it be looking at him or getting frisky, he will love it. Because he loves you. Don't worry your pretty little head," She smiles squeezing my hand.