Ch.12 Buy! Buy! Buy!

<A week later>

Izuku is currently depressed. This week has not been the best. He thought that after getting enough points, he would be able to pass the exam. After the exam was finished, he should have gotten the notification that he passed the exam and claim the rewards.

Could it be I messed up when I confronted the zero pointer? Izuku couldn't understand why as he even got rewarded for stopping the zero pointer.

But if I failed, then why didn't I receive the failure notification and receive the penalty of Quirk disowning either?

He just couldn't wrap his head around it. He laid on his bed as he rubbed the shell of the monster egg. It was complicated to explain where the egg came from to his mom so he just came up with "It's a special project from biology class" excuse. Although suspicious, his mother didn't ask further and told him to take care of the egg so it didn't affect his grades.

He had spent most of his free time with this monster egg, sleeping was rather comfortable than expected. He felt a weird sensation between the monster egg and himself, as if there was a very skinny string condensing between them. Although there seems to be progressing, it doesn't look like the egg will hatch anytime soon.

What also got him bothered was that his "secret layer" was discovered by the media. Guess he has too loud, according to the witnesses in the internet. Even if the warehouse was abandoned, he was heard by the workers and pedestrians around.

He had about 3234 Unstable Elements accumulating dust in his Personal Window as he wasn't willing to get monsters without being able to try them out. He had tried searching for another base or an isolated place but all for naught. The closest thing he found was a deep forest but Izuku scratched it out as it was too risky to be in the opening as a monster.

He was stuck doing nothing for a week but accumulating Elements and waiting for the news from UA Highschool, as they had the final say if he kept his Quirk or not.

It wasn't totally fruitless week, he created a scarf with Sticky Web, albeit being a plain silvery white. He collected Fire Elements by making campfires every night, reaching 700 or so of them.

I roasted some marshmallows, that was fun, I guess.

Suddenly, a short figure opened the door and dashed in, "Izuku!! Izuku!! It-it's here! It came, honey."

Izuku's mom was kneeling on the floor with a an envelope of UA Highschool. Izuku's heartbeat hastened as he received the envelope from her, "Thanks mom."

She nodded and left the room, pacing anxiously around the house. She had been told by Izuku about his "Late Bloomer Phenomenon" so she still thought that Izuku had a chance on entering UA. Izuku stared at the envelope with dread as this would be a difference in his life: hero or zero.

He took a deep breath and tore the side of the envelope, Here goes nothing.

Clank!

A small device slipped out of the envelope as it started to glow. Then a projection of a zoomed in face appeared, "I am here! On a screen!"

Allmight?!? Izuku was shocked to see his model hero in the  exam results of UA.

"Good evening, young Midoriya! You remember me?", Allmight continued his recorded projection, "At that day, I told you that those who are Quirkless wouldn't be able to become heroes. Even though you were devastated, who would have thought you would go Plus Ultra and awaken your body's dormant potential! Congratulations!"

Izuku smiled bitterly as he remembered he wouldn't be able to activate his so called "Quirk" without attempting suicide. Even though Allmight truly did hurt his feelings, Izuku understood that he would have never be able to save Uraraka being a scaredy-cat Quirkless boy.