Chapter One

'Beginnings'

A cloaked figure walked through the empty streets of Godrics Hollow, guided by a small man. No conversation passed between them, they were not friends, they were servant and lord.

"M-my Lord, we've arrived" the small man stuttered as he guestured to the house next to them. The cloaked man showed no response and walked towards the house.

"He's here lily!" Yelled the brown haired man inside. Lily, his wife, had just enough time to grab both children and run upstairs before the door burst of it's hinges and Voldemort entered. James and Lilly Potter had been warned, along with the Longbottoms, that they might be attacked by the dark wizard. One of their sons was meant to defeat him.

A powerful curse was sent towards James Potter, knocking him backwards and freezing him there. Voldemort continued his steady pace up the stairs towards his next victims.

"No! Not my Evan! Not my Harry!" Lilly pleaded as lose threads of her blazing red hair caught on her tear stained cheeks. The two babies sat behind her in their cribs, one crying loudly.

Voldemort raised his wand and sent a curse towards Lily, rendering her unconscious, as her body fell towards the floor. Voldemort then approached the cribs.

One crib read in sparkling red writing 'Evan'. Under this writing sat the large crying boy. He, like his father, had dull brown eyes and his mother's red hair. He sat crying obnoxiously loud as Voldemort sneered at him.

The next crib read the words 'Harry'. But the baby within that crib wasn't crying. The infant watched Voldemort with curious eyes. He had pitch black messy hair and toxic green eyes that unnerved Voldemort.

'This one' Voldemort thought to himself as he raised his wand towards the boy.

"Avada-" his incantations were cut of as a burst of white light was emmited from the boy. The light stuck Voldemort, sending him into the wall as he dissolved in the light. The rest of the light hit the walls and the other crib, splintering the wood. As Evan's crib broke, a piece of broken wood sliced his hand, leaving a bleeding 'V' cut into the back of his hand. Evan's loud cries soon woke James from his unconsciousness.

James got up just as a man apperated into their home. James ran upstairs as the old man walked behind him.
The old man waved a hand over Lily's unconscious body causing her to wake up with a start.

"E-evan! Harry! Dumbledor?" She frantically looked around before scrambling to grab Evan from the ruins of the crib. James slowly began to speak as he looked at the forgotten cloak of the dark lord.

"Is Voldemort..."

"Dead. But he will return" Dumbledor informed as he inspected Evan, looking closely at the cut on the back of his hand.

"And Evan Potter is the boy who will defeat him" Dumbledor finished, ushering Lily, James and the new saviour down stairs.

"Wait! What about our Harry?" Lilly asked as she tried to go back towards him.

"Harry has" Dumbledor paused to sigh "Harry has little to no magic. He is a squib" James face contorted into rage.

"Our son! That- that brat is a squib!" He yelled only to be silenced by a harsh look from his wife. James growled as he stomped down the stairs followed closely by Lily, holding baby Evan, and Dumbledor. For the first time of many, Harry Potter was forgotten by his parents.

***

Five years later

A small boy sat in the family library, reading a book that no normal five year old would be reading. The boy scanned through another page of deadly potions, his messy black hair partially obscuring his eyes. Harry was five years old now and already more advanced in magic than most 11 year olds. This was due to him spending almost all of his time in the Potter Library.

Ever since Voldemort's attack, Evan got most of the attention. Despite young Harry's jealously, his advanced mind knew that his parents were just afraid of loosing their 'Boy-who-lived'. However, his father, James Potter, seemed to despise him. James Potter believed that, as Dumbledor said, Harry was a squib while Lily was still unsure.

Suddenly, a voice broke through the library walls making Harry flinch as he heard the shout.

"I don't care Lily! He's a squib! I don't want a son who's a squib!" James's voice yelled. Harry's focus on the book faltered as he listen to his parents arguement. His throat felt dry, they were arguing about him.

"You don't know that James!" Lily yelled back.

"He's never done accidental magic! Evan's exploded at least three cupboards!" James argued.

Harry sat in silence. He had always been proud of his control over his magic, however now, he was ashamed. 'If only I was more like Evan' Harry thought as tears slowly started to roll down his cheeks and splattered on the book pages.

Harry was absorbed in his self- loathing until he heard his mother's voice.

"Fine, we'll send him to Petunia" Lily said in a defeated voice.

With those words, five year old Harry was sent to live with his mother's Muggle sister and her husband and their own five year old boy. This was the last time Harry saw his family.

***

'If I cannot bend Heaven, I will raise Hell'