[ 1.05 ] - Resolve

Resolve

[ 1.05 ]

R Y E N N E  A T S T E L L I

Year 5

Several months have passed now and it has finally arrived to be my birthday. Aside from our family, my grandmother had decided to invite Fleur whom I have now befriended. Though still demanding at times, I can now tolerate her chatting tendencies. If I must say, she is my first official friend since I have reincarnated. I do wonder at times, though, how she will turn out to be once it reaches the time of the main plot, but I shouldn't think to much of the original storyline since I do not plan to engage in it. It is not my problem, after all.

Quietly, I made my way to the main hall where my family sat. In the room was, of course, my grandmother and Fleur, Uncle Theryn, Aunt Mara, my eldest cousin Ryon, and my second eldest cousin Ryun whom was also a character who was introduced in the novel, though only for a minor part. My father greeted me at the entrance with a loving smile and embrace. My mother was currently resting in my father's original room as she was very, very pregnant. It would only be a month or two before she popped.

The day of celebration went by fairly quickly before everyone made their way back to their rooms to rest. In the night, grandmother and I were the only ones left in the main hall.

After these many months of living with my grandmother, she's come to show much more emotion in front of me from her pleasures to distaste in my actions. For example, when she finds me sneaking into her study to look through her "secret" recipes. One things for sure though, if they were really such a "secret", then shouldn't it be held in a much safer place?

I do wonder, though, until how long must I wait to get my hands on a whisk and bowl? My fingers are itching to bake some pastries. The slow amount of time it takes growing up is the most agonizing thing that I—(...)—could do.

9 November x022

*   *   *

Ryun: (ree • yoon)

1.10.2019