After the community (Presley flashback) Part Three

Presley crawls through the mud hearing the sound of walkers and shakes as she rummages through the pack and whispers.

"where the hell is it...."

She hears the walkers and quickly takes out her gun shooting one down as the bag falls to the floor and it contents scramble all over the ground. she quickly rummages through it looking for the piece of paper as she begins shaking but hears a loud bang and watches the walker fall in front of her hearing a voice.

"Stay still and you die."

She looks up eyeing mason gripping a gun as he holsters it and helps her up. she looks down at the bag and mason comments.

"There is no map."

he taps her temple and whispers.

'it's all here what lewis told you.."

she shakes her head sounding panicked as she comments.

"I don't remember anything. there are so many walkers and I don't have bullets-"

"shh." mason quiets her down as he grips her hand and smiles.

"you are not alone ley. I'm here, and lewis is around. we don't leave family behind."

she feels her body go warm as he grips her face and slyly smiles to her as he whispers in her ear.

"I wouldn't leave you behind."

she runs forward with him as he again shoots another walker and lewis looks through the scope as he questions to himself.

"he's helping her?"

they get to a secluded area and mason gets to the ground dragging Presley with him as he hears the sounds of walkers and whispers to her. 

"a few are coming but the way forward sounds clear."

he takes out another gun and hands her it as he whispers to her.

"ill lead you to the clearing then we will make camp and meet up with lewis in a few hours. he will take you the rest of the way"

"what, but you are here mace can't you just help me?"

Mason rubs her arm and winks to her as he comments.

"I'll help you for a few more hours than Lewis will take over. the first trial is his responsibility I shouldn't even be out here but-"

he stops himself and smiles at her as he whispers putting his hand on her forearm sounding sweet.

"i-"

he hears a bang off in the distance and cursed to himself as he motions forward.

"move!"

they run forward into the woods and she hears mason voice.

"keep going!"

she feels her feet burn as she runs and loses track of mason and hears a loud groan behind her and is shoved into a tree by a walker as she shakes and slowly shuffles for her knife but watches the walker pulled back and mason jams a knife into its skull as he motions to her.

"told you I look out for family."

he pushes her forward and they slow their pace to a walk as mason catches his breath and radios in.

"lewis we are out of range of the horde..."

he breathes out hard feeling his lungs burn but catches his breath and repeats.

"meet at rendezvous spot planned out in area d"

"check mace ill be there in 4 hours I need to check on the scouts."