Chapter 57

Venessa's pov.

Nibbling on the food in front of me, my eyes kept on glancing at Vincent who's eating his breakfast peacefully while me on the other hand won't stop fidgeting with the edge of the dress that I'm wearing.

What's taking the maid so long to buy it?. I asked myself, letting out a sigh making Vincent look at me questioning probably wondering what on earth is wrong with me and just I thought that he would ask what's wrong, he didn't and instead continued eating.

Dropping my fork, I shot him a glare clearing my throat in attempt to catch his attention which worked.

"What happened?. Something wrong" he questioned innocently making me want to slap some senses to him.

What's wrong? Seriously, Vincent. Are really that dumb not to even notice something is bothering me?. I thought to myself standing up from the stool angrily leaving him alone.

Walking towards our room, Vincent's voice made me stop.

"Come back, love. You didn't even eat anything" he exclaimed, still sitting in the same position. What the hell is wrong with this guy?.

Stomping inside the room, I flopped myself at the bed getting comfortable as I waited for Vincent to come.

Letting out a loud yawn, I closed my eyes wanting to have a quick nap but loud knocking made me jump in surprise.

"Come in" I muttered straightening up.

A head poked inside the room, revealing Jenny, the maid with a plastic bag on her hand.

"I'm sorry to disturb you up, miss" she apologized, looking down to her flats.

"No, don't worry. It's alright. By the way did you get what I told you?" I questioned softly, trying to control the excitement in my voice which failed.

"Yes, madam" she answered handing me the plastic bag containing loads of pregnancy kits.

"Thank you so much." I said hugging her tight.

###

It's been five minutes since I took a pregnancy test and since then my hands won't stop sweating.

The instructions said to wait for at least fifteen minutes and not going to lie, it feels like an eternity for me.

Vincent left a while ago for work and that dumb egg still did not noticed something unusual which is really frustrating.

Sitting down at the bed, I can't help but think whether I will be a good mother, but overall I really want the result to be positive.

Fifteen minutes went by, my feet involuntarily took me towards the bathroom where the test was laid.

My heart started to hammer wildly with excitement and anxiety at the same time. I had the urge to throw up but I willed myself not to.

With my sweaty and shaking hand, I grabbed the test which showed two visible lines.

Tears welled in my eyes and soon followed by my sobs.

Thank god!. Boy or girl, please let it be healthy. I said mentally wiping the tears away smiling like there's no tomorrow.

Exiting the bathroom, my hand won't let go of the test.

Placing my hand into my flat stomach, I closed my eyes thinking my parents and Mario will be so happy but unfortunately they're not here to share this happiness with me.

I looked around for my phone wanting to share this happy news to Vincent when a ringing sound made me jump.

A smile formed in my face when I looked at my phone screen that shows Vincent's calling.

"Hello?" I answered. "Babe, please get ready around seven pm. I'm taking you somewhere." He responded, making me frown upon hearing him.

"Where?" I questioned which he replied saying it's a surprise.

I let out a sigh cutting the call, a bit disappointed as I wanted to do something for us tonight, plus I want it to be special when I tell him the news but looks like I have to wait.

Let me know what you guys think of this chapter.

Until then...