Chapter 19 (edited)

I woke up with Flicker pacing in my head. I can feel the anxiety flowing through my veins. I check the time. Damn, it's 10:30 am. I don't remember the last time I slept this late. This happened because I couldn't sleep all night trying to figure out how I would talk to him, which result in me sleeping till 10.

I tried asking Flicker what's wrong, but she ignored me and keep pacing. I swear she is trying to give me a heart attack.  " Ohh shut up. You can't have a heart attack, that's not possible. " She screamed and kept pacing.

" Please tell me what the hell is wrong. The suspense is killing me. " I begged her.

" I don't know what is happening. Rudy is scared and I can't help but catch his feelings. " She replied.

" It has to do something with his mate. " I told her.

I mind-linked Jay and asked him to meet me at my office in 15 minutes, which means I have 10 minutes to get my shit together and 5 minutes to reach my office. Thank goodness, I don't use makeup otherwise getting ready in 10 minutes would have been impossible. I was on my way to the packhouse where my office is when I met dad. He has the exact same expression as me. We nod at each other and entered the office.

" So you're feeling it too." He asked.

" Yeah! " I replied, just then Jay came in with Tyler along with him.

"Jay I need you to go to blood moon pack and since we can't enter in the pack. I want you to stay at the border and if you see Stephen. I want you to bring him back to our pack. And if anything seems suspicious or wrong, call me." I told him.

He nods and leave. Then I turn to Tyler,  " I need you to keep an eye on Kyle and make sure he won't do anything stupid."

He nods and starts leaving when I said, " Tyler we might need to prepare for conflicts. "

" You think his mate is in trouble? " Dad asked me with worried expression.

" I checked on that pack's history. Stephen was telling the truth, they would never accept his relationship with Kyle. And would do anything to stop them. I just hope we are not late. " I told him.

"Don't worry. We'll handle it. If that son of a bitch needs a war we'll give him one. Cause nobody messes with my kids." Dad said bringing me in a hug.

This day is getting really long. Jay is waiting at blood moon pack's border for hours and still got nothing. Kyle has come to asking permission to leave the pack border, which I politely declined. I have a pretty clear idea where he wants to go. I told him that everything is fine and he's just being paranoid. I know I'm lying to him but when it comes to our mate we wolves don't tend to use our brains a lot. Since I can't expect him to think rationally, I can't tell him that I have already sent a little expedition to bring his mate home.

It took lots of explaining and time to convince him that I'll do everything in my power to bring Stephen back to his new home.

It's almost 4 pm and I'm really trying hard to stop myself from calling Jay and telling him to screw the rules and just go and bring Stephen back. I know this will only increase trouble and we can't have that. I was just sitting in my office holding my head when Adrien came in. Then it hit me we were supposed to talk today. Could this day get any worse?

" Hey you're okay? " He asked and came to me.

" Yeah!" I didn't even believe myself. He too didn't and hold me tightly to himself. His warm embrace made me relax like I can feel all the tension leaving my body. I should just stick to him and I won't feel tense ever. Maybe I could use glue or something.