Chapter 14

"Hah... Hah... Where is he?" a demon muttered quietly but I could hear him clearly. He was trying to hide between dark alleys and tried to make himself look as small as possible.

I was crouching on a roof of the house and the demon was below me. I stared at him with a wide grin on my face. There was more than one demons in this town so I split with Mitsuri.

Kukuku. I'm starting to like this cat and mouse game. I think he is a newly made demon. Poor kid. I don't know if you had a choice but you made a wrong one.

I stopped crouching and took my katana out. Before I jumped down, I heard the demon mutter something. He was to look down and shivered in fear while muttering repeatedly 'don't find me'. Now I'm starting to feel bad...

I jumped down and landed in front of the demon. He tensed up when he noticed me and looked up. My katana was pointing at his neck. He was looking at me with complete fear in his eyes.

"P-Please don't kill me..." the demon begged while shaking in fear. He was close to crying...

"Can you promise to me... that you will never ever eat humans in the future. If you do, I will let you go." I asked the demon. His eyes widened in surprise and nodded slowly. I looked at his eyes and didn't see any lies in it.

I sheathed my katana and walked away. If that demons now changes his mind and tries to attack me, I'm going to be disappointed...

"N-No! P-Please don't do this! AAGH!!!" the demon screamed behind me.

I turned around quickly and saw the demon holding his head in pain. He swung his head left and right to get rid of the pain but couldn't. What the heck is happening?

"Oi! What's wrong!?" I asked the demon worriedly. Is Muzan doing something? Or is another demon doing this with Blood Demon Technique? 

My body moved towards the demon but his face stopped me. He was growing a horn from half of his face and his eyes were bloodshot. He looked at me while crying.

"Please... kill me..." the demon begged me. I held the hilt of my katana tightly. This... is definitely Muzan's fault!

"All right..." I said sadly and took my katana out. The demon's face was full of relief. It was like he knew I could kill him. He closed his eyes and I quickly slashed his head off.

The head fell off but before it hit the ground, I heard the demon say 'thank you'... His body started to crumble until his clothes were only left. I sheathed my katana once again and looked at the demon's clothes. I will avenge you...

I left the alley and went to find Mitsuri. She should have gone towards the forest. I hope she has things going easily and not have Muzan do other tricks. One day he will make kamikaze demons...

I took a shortcut and jumped from roof to roof. After jumping for a while, I could see the forest. This town had a forest nearby so I didn't have to waste my time with the distance.

I ran much deeper into the forest and I couldn't feel or hear anything nearby. Where the heck is she and the demons? It can't be that hard to find a pink head in the middle of the forest, right?

While I was searching for Mitsuri, I felt someone above me. I quickly looked above me and saw someone I didn't really want to see.

"We meet again, Reboyamaa!!!" Ongyo-Ki shouted at me. Oh yeah... I still haven't told him my real name...

Ongyo-Ki swung his spear down and I dodged by jumping behind me. He created a big crater where he landed. That's bigger than the last time we fought. He must have eaten humans while we haven't met.