Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven:

Bryce's POV

"Are you sure that you're okay with this, baby girl? If you really don't want to be here, we can just go home," I confirm with Blossom, who is anxiously gripping my hand as she keeps her body pressed against mine.

After dinner, Scarlett and Anders refused to go home with Blossom and I. I wanted to keep my promise to my girl that we could go home and do face masks and shit later, but when I suggested that her and I head home while Anders and Scarlett go get drunk, she told me that that wouldn't be very polite of us.

She's too fucking nice. It becomes a problem sometimes.

"I think I'm good here. I'm just nervous," she whispers in response, and I frown at how uncomfortable she seems in this situation.

I know that deep down inside, Blossom is worried that she'll be sexually assaulted once more. I won't let that happen to her, not ever again, and I don't plan on even letting her out of my sight tonight.

"I'll keep you safe, baby. I promise. I won't even let go of your hand all night. Nothing will happen to you when you're with me," I reassure her, and she just nods again, letting go of my hand to wrap her arms around my waist.

We ended up heading to the same club that I had run into Knox and Blossom grinding and making out at. They don't ID at the door, which meant Blossom and I were able to get in as I don't have my fake on me and she doesn't have one. It's not like I would've used my fake anyway though, as I'm really trying to not do any illegal shit anymore.

My thoughts about Knox and Blossom together just remind me of why I was even here that night.

I was with Scarlett. Fuck. Blossom still doesn't know who the mystery girl that I almost had sex with is yet.

Scarlett clearly isn't aware that Blossom is oblivious to this, I assume, or else I'm sure she would've brought it up to spite Blossom.

I'm so sick of Scarlett's immaturity. I don't know why her and Anders seem to be doing everything in their power to try and destroy Blossom and I's relationship, but I know for sure that I want to throw them out of my apartment for it.

I guess that I should probably tell Blossom about everything before Scarlett can. I assume that it'll hurt her a lot less to find out from me rather than her.

Blossom softly poking me in the abdomen breaks me from my thoughts, and when I look down at her I find her staring up at me with wide eyes.

"Yes, sweetheart?" I ask her, and she quickly strains up to kiss my throat, just below my Adam's apple.

"Can we go sit down somewhere? I know there obviously isn't anywhere quiet in here, but can we try?" she wonders, and even if she was asking for something completely unreasonable, I don't think I would be capable of saying no to that sweet face.

"Of course we can," I reply to her, watching a smile grace her face as she reaches for my hand once more.

We make our way through the crowded club, half of the attendees being teenagers who must only be in high school, despite the fact that nearly all of them are holding drinks. This is the kind of environment that I promised myself I would never be in after I moved back home, but I suppose that I'm just failing myself once again.

I'm careful not to sit us down at a table anywhere near the bathrooms, for obvious reasons. This situation seems to already be triggering for Blossom, and I don't want to make it any worse if I can prevent it.

Instead, I find us a table in a corner, not too far away from one of the emergency exits, which is also probably slightly reassuring for Blossom considering that she was also present during a college party shooting.