Chapter 21

"There is a great difference between worry and concern. A worried person sees a problem, and a concerned person solves a problem." Harold Stephens

Ryder's P.O.V

Tiana's parents leave the auditorium, attempting to slip out quietly. I hear crying in the distance so I follow the sounds of sadness and concern. Finally I catch up with the family. Conlan is a mess and Amanda is attempting to console him.

"Where is our baby? What if she's dead? Kidnapped? Murdered? Tortured?!" Conlan cries out, hyperventilating. Some alpha he is, he can't even stay calm enough to figure out a game plane.

"Calm down honey please. We can't think about the 'what ifs'," Amanda states, rallying the family together. "Babe, I need you to send out a mink link message telling all of our pack members to search the area. First, we should all meet at the house and divide everyone into groups so we can be efficient," everyone listened intently. "Ok go, go," she shooed her family away to do what they've been told. There should really be more female alphas.

Werewolves begin filing out of the building and rushing towards the woods to shift without being seen. I follow close behind. On my way back, I'm stopped by a bigger wolf with Amanda riding on top, hands full of fur to keep steady.

"Ryder?" Amanda asks me, unable to recognize my wolf as she doesn't see it much. I nod and bow to show respect. "Could you mind link your pack and parents to join us at the house?" I agree.

[Emergency meeting at the Blood Moon side of the pack house. Go now!] Tiana's parents thank me and continue onward.

I see my parents huddled in the crowd and I shift, throw some clothes on and catch up to them.

"What's going on? What's the emergency?" my father asks me. Before I can answer, Conlan walks out, now composed and calm, and heads directly towards us.

"Severn," Conlan greets my father, shaking his hand.

"Pauwau," Amanda also greets my mother, but hugs her instead.

"Thank you both for coming. Our daughter, Tiana, has gone missing. We fear the worst and need as many were's searching as possible. Can we rely on you and your pack members to aid us in this time of need?" Conlan wonders.

"You have housed and welcomes us other the years. Of course we will search high and low for you. We are at your service," my father says.

"Thank you, thank you," Amanda says to my parents.

Everyone is separated into groups and assigned areas within a 500 mile radius for now. The pack house is the most quiet it has ever been. The only noises heard come from Tiana's brothers and parents.

"We should have paid more attention to her. What if she ran away? What if she was trying to get away from us?" Conlan sobs, letting his emotions take over again.

"I, of all people, should have noticed the signs. I should have been a better mother," Amanda sighs.

"We all could have been better," Lexus states, holding Sunnie close, trying to calm himself.

"I just hope she's ok, wherever she is," Asher says, looking down and holding back tears. I shake my head, getting myself together.

"If anyone can find her it's her mate," Raudolf informs me.

But how? I have no clue where she is.

"Go to her room. Find clues,"

I feel conflicted, my body telling me not to care, but my heart drags me upstairs and leads me to her room anyway. Walking in, her scent runs me over almost making me lose my balance. Focus.

I look around the room, searching her drawers, under her bed. Nothing stood out to me. Come on think. What's missing here?

I sit on her bed in the same place as where I was that wonderful night. Scanning the room, I see dust everywhere...except for three circles on her shelf all lined up next to her other snow globes. Why would she take these globes?

When we were kids, we would talk about the places in these globes and how one day we would for to all of them together. She would get this look of wonderment and desire when talking about exploring Europe. Tiana would go to the library and read about every place she wanted to visit.

I close my eyes, attempting to envision 12 year old Tiana.

(flashback)

"Come to Tiana, the library is closing soon!" I whined, trying to rush her.

"Look at this," she said with awe, ignoring everything I said. A picture of the coliseum stares back at me through the screen.

"When I travel the world, I'm going there first," she sighs, staring longingly at the monitor.

(end of flashback)

Should I tell the family?

"No they'd ask you how you know this. Plus this is a hunch from a 6 year old memory," Raudolf reasons with me.

Then what do I do?

If I could tell Raudolfs facial expressions, I know would have been smirking when he said, "we're going to Rome!"

A/N:

Thank you for all of your patience. I've been quite a busy bee, but I haven't forgotten about you guys! Exciting things are happening! I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and have a marvelous Monday!

Did Tiana really run away?

Will Ryder find her in Rome?

Why is Conlan still such a cry baby?

Conlan: OMG, I am not. I'm an alpha, I have control over my emotions.

Rachel: So you had control when you were listing the ways Tiana could be dead?

Conlan:...

Rachel: Or when your wife has to step up and take charge when you were crying too much to talk

Conlan: I let her...

Rachel: Don't even. We both know Amanda deserves every ounce of credit she gets.

Conlan: *starts crying* yeah? If I'm dumb, then you're a meanie

Rachel: *rolls eyes* ugh come here you big hunk of fur

Conlan: *hugs Rachel for a long time*

Rachel: Ok get off me

Vote

Comment

Follow