An Unsettling Game of Monopoly

Shifting uncomfortably on the couch Terrance had seated you at you tried to find something to break the silence between the two of you. He remained in the kitchen while he unloaded all the groceries and put everything safely away in their proper homes.

You thought maybe you'd talk about the kalimba he had given to you as a gift a few days ago and how you still needed to be taught how to use it. He spoke before you could though.

"You know..." something about his voice seemed chilly and it made you only dread what was about to come from his mouth. "This seems like a lot of groceries for only one small girl as yourself to need for this week."

This question made you freeze, he smiled from the corner of his lips as he saw your reaction. Had he found out about Harper? Did he get caught on camera? Maybe he knew about him even before that??? You didn't want to say anything to give him clues about Harper, regardless. So you decided to play it cool.

"Well, I wanted to put you into consideration of course." You chuckled with a nervous undertone, shifting your feet on top of each other.

His eyes widened at the unexpected remark. Cheeks turning honey like as he tried to press down his smile, his chest had absolutely melted at hearing you being considerate of him.

He laughed in a shaky kind of way as he put some boxes in his pantry. "O-oh t-thank you very much for thinking of me like that." He replied. Putting away the last of the food.

"No problem." You quickly and casually said back to him. You were hoping that got him off Harper's tracks.

He then quickly made his way closer to the living room and you just prayed he wouldn't sit close to you. Of course this was the case and he walked right next to you. Taking a seat not even a foot away from you. "I thought maybe we could enjoy our day together." He placed his delicate hand on yours and even though you hadn't moved to look at him you could most certainly feel his stare on you. "This is the first time I haven't had to do anything all day in awhile and I just really really wanted to spend it all day with you." His fingers wrapped around yours, his knuckles turning red as he squeezed your hand harder. "I- I'm sorry if I make you uncomfortable but I really want you to be happy around me."

As he continued your mind just drifted off. You were getting rather angry all of a sudden. Your head went back to the artist and how if he really wanted you to be happy then he'd let you go. "If you really wanted me to be happy then you'd let me go." You harshly snapped, you didn't really mean to sound so aggressive but you were quite stressed recently and honesty couldn't help it.

He retracted his arm and his eyebrows pressed together, a hurt expression spread across his face. "I-I can't let you go... I know you want to go back home and everything but I don't think you'd ever come back to me-

"Oh so it's all about what you want, I see." You were honestly pressing your luck at the moment. You wouldn't be surprised if Terrance  suddenly switched and got angry and violent towards you.  The two of you remained silent after you let out a small huff and folded your arms across your chest. Turning away from him.

"I'll let you call the artist." He softly spoke, head down towards the floor.

You raised your brow and looked over at him. He licked his lips as his eyes were hidden from the hair that fell across his face. He remained looking down at the floor.