II

BEFORE YOU KEEP READING, AN IMPORTANT REMINDER:

Even if it's based on a TV Show, this fanfic isn't for children. It contains mature language, blood, violence, curses, deaths, abuse, and sexual advances.

Please don't read it if you're not used to reading these topics. Remember this is just a story and we don't support any kind of abuse.

Finally, we hope you like it.

---------------------------------------------------

The little girl's outfit revealed her position as a servant, but what was odd was that it revealed too much skin (Which was also filled with scars and bruises). It wasn't really appropriate for such a little girl. The man averted his eyes far away from her. Cassandra noticed this act and could almost place it as "Respectful" and she smiled to the side. She took the little girl's cape and covered her up again, later ruffling the little girl's hair with her hand and smiling at her.

"Your eyes remind me of a friend of mine," said the woman nostalgically.

"Oh. Really?" A sweet blush lit up on her face.

Right then, a small animal emerged from the darkness and climbed the man's leg until it reached his shoulder. It was his raccoon, Ruddiger. Cassandra noticed him and watched as Varian stroked his head while the small animal purred. He surely was safely hiding before getting out when he saw it was safe to show himself. She turned again towards the girl.

"Yes, she is a very dear friend. Constantly smiling and friendly, always wanting to help everyone."

"Ha!" Varian laughed behind her. "Almost everyone." Cassandra turned towards him, furious.

"She did!" She told him boldly, without yelling. "She helped you and you betrayed her!"

"Only when I reminded her and it was already too late."

Cassandra got up and stood face-to-face with those blazing light blue eyes that didn't scare her in the slightest. Cassandra was really surprised to see how Varian had changed. It was straightforward, as well as threatening, to see who that sweet boy she had met years ago had become. The silence was heavy, no one stepping back nor tearing their glare away from the other. The tension made the little girl swallow saliva.

"Uh..." The little girl looked towards the adults a little nervously. "If both of you are doing well, I'll ask that you please excuse me, but I must be on my way..." She turned to go, but Varian called her.

"Hey, wait! For all of this, what are you doing here? You're very young, aren't you?" His voice sounded very gentle in comparison to a few seconds ago.

"I'm already 10 years old. I am old enough to do my job," She responded without raising the tone of her voice, although it held much cautiousness.

"Seriously?" He said while rolling his eyes, a bit annoyed. "Your job?"

"I'm in charge of the chimeras that escape the palace." Said the girl after sighing.

"You, all alone? And the guards?" Asked the woman in disbelief.

"Over there." Varian pointed at a corner where there was a pile of human bones. He let out a chuckle and instantly shut up. Cassandra sighed in annoyance.

"Those who are still alive are dedicated to protecting the nobles." Her tone of voice was filled with bitterness. "They don't want anything to do with these monsters, and I don't blame them!" She let out a dry laugh.