Part 9

She did indeed make Link blush, and she did so by merely smiling at him when she walked up to her seat.

Perhaps he was thinking about all the things she'd suggested she could do...

Zelda was delighted to learn that she could hold his hand under the desk during class. He was left handed, so it didn't stop either of them from taking notes. Although she may have distracted him a little too much for his note taking to be very high quality. She'd give him hers if he needed them.

After class was over she turned to him and gave him another broad smile. "Would you like to go to coffee again? Or perhaps lunch, if you're hungry."

Link returned her smile. "Sure," he said, then struggled to put his books away with one hand.

She loosened her hand, but he didn't take the opening to let go. That made her blush a little bit.

"So, coffee or lunch?" she asked as they left the school together.

"Lunch sounds nice, I assume you already have a place in mind?" he replied with a smile.

She did indeed.

And so they went, they ate, and they enjoyed laughing and flirting together. A little bit of clumsy flirting on Link's part, but adorable all the same. Hours passed with Link talking about the games he liked to play, and Zelda talking of the books she liked to read. They spoke about times spent as they grew up, experiences they had in common, games they had both played. Movies they had both seen.

Link talked about his sister, and Zelda listened and watched the light in his eyes as he spoke about his family. It was such a pretty light.

And so they spent the rest of the week.

A few of the days Link had needed to work his part time job in the evenings, but the afternoons were still all for them.

Every day they talked, and she saw Link becoming more and more comfortable with her. And he got a lot more smooth in his compliments. She felt a little pride in having taught him to do so.

It was Friday now, and they were chatting and laughing in the Café with a muffin and a croissant. Zelda had gotten an iced white chocolate mocha, and Link had experimented with a white chocolate americano after some prompting from Zelda.

"So how's the coffee?"

"It's good," Link said, lifting one shoulder. "I like black more though."

She smiled. "Well, I'm glad you tried it," she replied.

"Me too," he said. "It's good to try new things, I just don't come across many situations where I'm likely to do so."

"Speaking of new things... Would you... want to come back to my house? I have a bit of a theater there, and we could watch some movies tonight..."

Link's eyes widened. "You really want to bring me to your mansion? You're comfortable with that?"

Zelda smiled and nodded. She'd told him the other day that sometimes inviting people to her house for the first time felt weird to her. "Yeah, totally. I'd like you to see it. It's a little ridiculous, I'll admit, and not something I would have really chosen for myself... But it has a nice garden, and a few useful rooms inside."

"If you're cool with it, I'd love to go. I've been a little curious about that place since I moved here, actually."

Zelda tilted her head to the side. "Really? That's cool, you get a firsthand tour now," she said with a little laugh. "Because your girlfriend owns it."