Chapter 5: Panic

Recap:
     "Odulen an edraith anlen...Ithilwen..." (1) The man's voice was clear but I recognized it. I reached out my hand to the man whispering, "Iston i nîf gîn..."(2)
The vision disappeared with the wind as a small hand landed on my shoulder.
———————-
Startled out of my memories I grab the hand and pin the owner down with my blade against their throat. I heard a strangled gasp,
"Ith-il-wen..." My eyes fixed themselves on the small child size being under my blade. The dwarves heard his yelp and saw my blade at his neck, drawing their weapons and shouting at me. Gandalf slowly approached his staff in hand and his hand out to me, but  Confusion and panic were taking over my mind. Instead of dwarves and Gandalf I only saw him and his minions. I growled my sharpened teeth showed.
The small hand reached out and gently grabbed my hand.
"P-Plea-se.. wake up!"
The haze lifted from my sight ,and I saw the fear in his eyes. Throwing the weapons from my reach I shoved my self away from a terrified Bilbo. Kneeling I clutched on to my head in pain and fear of what could have happened. Gandalf kneeled in front of me resting his hand on my shoulder.
"Calm yourself you are safe from him." He helped me up and lead me where the others could not hear. "I want you to go clear your head maybe scout a head or a change of pace. You have been twitching ever since this quest started."
I lifted my head looking in his eyes and nodded.
"You're right, your always right are you not?" With a humorless chuckle I briskly walked to my small pack  grabbing the weapons that lay discarded on the cliff top. Grabbing her horse without putting on a saddle she hopped on bareback trotting into the brush and out of sight.

Bilbo POV:
I watched her leave until I could no longer hear the hooves of her horse beating against the ground. I lifted my hand to my neck in a state of shock, the look in her eyes was even enough to put the strongest dwarf on edge. Which was evident from the dwarves still on guard. I heard some on stomp their way to where Gandalf was currently standing.
"WHAT WAS THAT GANDALF! I may not like the hobbit but I can not have some one who in my company trying to kill another!"
Gandalf didn't answer, he just continued staring at the spot where she once stood. Balin came over and helped me stand up.
"I'm sure there is a reasonable reason for her actio-.." Thorin glared at Gandalf and ignored Balin words.
"Gandalf she was acting like a wild animal that had been threatened, if she is a threat I will not hesitate to keep my kin safe."
Finally, Gandalf turned his concerned filled eyes towards Thorin, then looked at me.
"Bilbo care to share what happened. You may help to enlighten us on what is wrong." I quickly nodded my head. "Yes of course, I had watched her as Balin was telling his story when she all of a sudden she slipped when sharpening her blade and cut her hand open. I went over to see if she needed help but she was talking to the air in a maybe elvish and reach out to something. I tried saying her name but she didn't respond so I put my hand on her arm to try and shake her out of her dream or vision of some sort. The rest you saw, she seemed really scared though." I stood there awkwardly rocking on my feet trying to remember anything else.
"Laddie did you by chance catch the what in the story may have caused this?" Pacing I started to mumble to myself and tried to retrace my steps, it always seemed to help me remember things.
"I was right here- then Balin started his story..." I walked over to where she had been sitting, "She sliced her hand when you mentioned an orc called-" I was rudely interrupted by Gandalf whispering to himself.
"Azog the defiler or in other words the pale orc. Now I understand, it is not my business to tell her story but," He stopped and stared Thorin straight in the eye. "He has caused her great strife maybe even greater than what happened to you. I would not doubt her actions you will understand in time. That is if she lets you..."

Ithilwen POV:
Orcish
—————
I had been tracking the orc pack that had been following us, making sure that I was against the wind so not to give my pray a chance to escape. I had left my horse a while back in favor of the thrill of game. I stayed in the trees and bushes occasionally throwing a stone,  making a noise as to make them scared or suspicious. It was better when they were scared then they know how they felt...
I reached for my twin blades getting ready to attack when the air slightly shifted in their favor giving away my position.
"SHES HERE!" They readied themselves their wolves snarling getting ready for a fight.
"REMEMBER HE WANTS HER ALIVE! But that doesn't mean unharmed" He didn't seem to notice the dagger heading towards his for head until it was firmly stuck in his head. The orcs looked into the never ending forest that seemed to go on for miles each direction. Their nerves were getting the beat of them, they wanted blood.
I continued jumping from tree to tree taking out any orc that was farther from their pack. "It's picking us off one by one!" Learning from the mistake of the dead orcs they stayed closer together.
Growing bored and annoyed that they were still breathing I jumped down from right over a wolf stabbing it in the head with one sword while my other blade took down the rider.
Jumping off I tackled the two orcs standing by, but not before one raised its blade at the last moment catching my side. Hissing at the pain I made quick work of decapitating the rest. Angry that he actually caught my side helped to  speed the process.
"Stupid armor does nothing, is there anything that men can do right!" Hissing I made my way to a near by river cleaning and bandaging he small wounds. "if I only had my armor this would not have happened." Growling I made my way back to the camp, unknowingly to me a small portion of the pack had escaped while I was preoccupied with the others.
Now I believe I can deal with dwarves. Having released my pent up rage.