chapter eighteen - summer's accident and worst nightmares

chapter eighteen – summer's accident and worst nightmares

"I know it's weird but that's what really stuck with me after the accident" Marc spoke. "The idea that you could lose life that hasn't even started yet. The reality that it happened to my brother. It... it scares me"

"Marc.." My heart broke at his words.

"The blood" Marc glanced down at his hands like he was examining them. "The fact that Matt was awake and stuck in the wreck. He could have died. He could have died, knowing that he was trapped and there was nothing they could do. That's why I want to go out quick. It terrifies me, the thought of going through what Matt did during the accident"

"Then why do you drive the way you do?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"I don't deserve to get what I want, Thea" Marc's eyes darkened and my stomach knotted.

"You cant leave me, Marc" I sounded like I was about to cry. "You cant do that to me. If you can't stay here for yourself yet, do it for me"

I sat in my bedroom, staring at the dirty envelope in my hands. It was what Marc had thrown to the ground. I was too busy crying to bring myself to open it...

Marc had left my house almost three hours ago and he hasn't answered any of my calls. It scared me.

Laurel, Charlie, Millie and Devin were trying to clear my house of the party.

I felt horrible. I was terrified, heartbroken and angry all at once.

"Marc... It's me again. Please just call me or anyone. So I can know that you're okay" I sobbed. "Marc please. I want to be with you so bad. It hurts. I didn't cheat. I wasn't going to sleep with Kevin. I just want you"

I hung up and cried harder.

"C'mon sweetie. Let's get you some water" Millie walked in and grabbed my hand.

She lead me down the stairs and I cringed at the mess. My eyes settled at the group of people sitting on my couch.

My anger swelled and it was all I could feel.

"Why the hell are you still in my house?" I screamed at Kevin. His eyes widened at my outburst. "This is all your fucking fault"

"Thea!" Charlie grabbed me before I could pounce on Kevin and start kicking his ass.

"Calm down" Kevin jumped up and I glared at him.

"Calm down?! Marc could be dead and you're telling me to calm down?!" I screamed.

"Marc's not dead, Tee. He's probably home" Kevin growled. "You're being dramatic"

"Dramatic?! Marc's been trying to kill himself from day one!" Kevin's eyes widened along with Devin's.

"What?"

"He's not slitting his fucking wrists but I've watched him run red lights, drive recklessly. He's told me so many times that he wants to be dead. That he hates being alive. And this might have pushed him over the fucking edge" I flipped out.

This wasn't fair. To Marc. To me. To anyone.

Kevin was silent. He was processing my words.

"I'm calling him" Devin grabbed his phone and started dialing. "He's not picking up"

"If he's hurt. If he's dead. It's all your fucking fault" I whispered. "You couldn't just let him win? You don't have feelings for me and I don't have feelings for you. Marc loves me. And I might love him back. You couldn't just stop being an asshole for 5 fucking minutes and think about that?"