11.

Ryan.

Brooke and I spent the whole night gossiping telling each other different things about our hood ass relationships. She said she would've never thought I would go for someone like Dave, and I agreed I used to like nerds so my taste in men had done a complete 360.
It was around 10:30 the next morning, and Brooke had just left cause Ghost aggy ass was being stingy and wanted her around him all the time.
I had a text from Dave, which was usual for us. Whoever was up first sent a text to the other.

MyLuv💙: good morning bae, ima be at the office today but we can do lunch if you ain't busy. 😘 -9:42am

Me: goodmorning babe. Alright that's fine just lemme know what time, and have a good day💋 -10:37am

I brushed my teeth and got dressed, while I ate breakfast I scrolled through my timeline on instagram.

@DaveEast : how I be looking at my shorty😏

I liked the picture cause my baby looked good as fuck.

@RyanDestiny : word? lemme sit on ya face when I see you. 🙃

@DaveEast : omw. ASAP.

I laughed at him and decided to post one of my own.

@RyanDestiny : my man lucky.

@DaveEast : ole fine ass😩

@4everBrooke : girlllll you fine asf 🤧😍

I responded to some of the comments, some saying how pretty I am or how the hell did Dave bag me. I was honestly tickled cause we were the complete opposite but we just worked together.
I was glad the he trusted me enough to be open about what he did for a living even though I already knew. I wasn't the judgmental type and I accepted him, flaws and all.
I spent the rest of the morning cleaning up and doing laundry.
When 12 approached I received a call from Dave telling me he was on his way to get me for lunch. He wanted to try out this new seafood joint.
When he pulled up I grabbed my shoes putting them on and heading towards the door with my keys and phone.
After locking the door I was now getting in the car, "Wassup" Dave greeted me, pecking me on the lips.
"Hey." I said putting on my seatbelt and he drove off.
"How's work going?" I asked making small talk til we made it to our destination.
"it's been cool, Monica told me to tell you hey." he said rubbing his beard.
"I gotta stop by and see her one of these days. Oh I've been thinking about getting a car, I have the money for one I just been indecisive on if I wanted one or not." I said on my phone.
He side eyed me,"when you tryna go? I could go wit you."
"Whenever you have the chance, I'm in no rush." I said looking up at him.
"Alri." he said turning the music up as we drove to the seafood spot.
It took us no more than 20 minutes to get the and when I tell you it was PACKED. We stood in like waiting to get a table for about 45 minutes and when we finally got the table we were starving.
We sat down and picked up the menus,"So Ry.." Dave said grabbing my attention.
"Yeah?"
"Do you ever want kids?" he asked looking for an answer with my facial expression. I was thrown off cause we've only been dating for a few months, and kids were the furthest thing from my mind.
"I mean yeah of course, like years down the line." I said sitting the menu down cause I already knew what I wanted.
He simply nodded,"heard ju, you ever wanna get married?"
I shifted in my seat cause I've always had this fear of marriage, like I love love but I don't think I'll be able to deal with a marriage.
"uh, no." I said feeling a little uncomfortable.
"Why? " he asked genuinely wanting to know why I felt that way.
"I don't come from a family of successful marriages, so seeing everyone around me going through divorces scared me. I mean if the time ever came, it would have to be with the right man." I said with a shrug.
"You never told me about your family or background." he said changing the subject after seeing that I uncomfortable.
"Well my mom was a nurse and my dad sold drugs. They met when he had gotten shot and she was the nurse at the local hospital he went for medical attention. The whole time he was recovering he flirted with her, trying to persuade her into going on a date with him. Well she gave in and they went on a date, once she got to know him in was history." I said smiling at the story I heard a million times.
"What happened to them?"
"Well my dad, he became abusive towards my mom when I was about 5. He would find little shit to complain about just so they could argue. And when I turned 12 we left...and never looked back. She remarried when I was 16 and the man treats her good. We lost contact when I graduated." I said with a sigh getting sad at the thought.
I missed my mom of course, but I wouldn't know where to begin to find her.
"Maybe I can help you find her?" he said grabbing a hold of my hand. I smiled at his nice gesture and rubbed my thumb across his knuckle.
"It's fine." I said dropping the conversation and ordering my food.
We ate so much food til we felt sick, Dave had decided to take the rest of the day off.
"we going back to my spot or yours?" he asked as I paid for the meal.
"yours is fine." I said grabbing his hand as we walked out.
The drive to his house was fairly quiet due to us both being in deep thought.
When we made it to his house it was around 3:40pm.
"I'm bout tired as shit." he said kicking his shoes off at the front door.
"You're about to take a nap? " I asked doing the same.
"Probably, I want you to lay wit me tho." he said turning around right before he made it to the stairs.
"Alright." I followed behind him up the stairs to his room.
We got out of our clothes and climbed in his bed, he pulled me close to him and buried his face in the crook of my neck.
I felt myself growing sleepy and I dozed off before him.