lll . s i x t e e n (b) • closed chapters

We got back to the mall just after the Mindflayer did and we all ran inside before it was too late. We all were standing on the upper level when Lucas and Will started talking.

"The fireworks" Will said and Lucas and him ran off

"What?" I ask and they came back with a ton of fireworks

"Everyone spread out" Lucas yelled and Steve and I grabbed a bunch of the fire works and spaced ourselves out from the rest.

"Flay this you ugly piece of shit!" Lucas yelled before he threw a second firework at the Mindflayer causing him to drop his focus on Eleven. As the creature struggles we continued to throw what we could when we could so the creature wouldn't get a break to focus on Eleven and Billy.

"Hey asshol! Over here!" Steve yelled and threw a firework in the Mindflayers mouth. When it turned back to snarl at us, I lit two and threw them into its mouth and they both popped off and the Mindflayer stumbled. We continued doing this until we started to run out of fireworks.

"We're out of time!" Steve yelled onto the radio to Dustin. We were out of our weapons, and I wasn't sure how much the rest of them had but I knew it wasn't enough to defeat this thing for much longer. I watched as Billy stopped his advance on Eleven. Hearing Dustin continuously yelling for Joyce and Hopper to close the gate.

Before I knew it I looked down to see Billy screaming in front of Eleven as he held one of the creatures worm like limbs, with his hands, stopping it from attacking her. As he continued to slow him down more parts of the Mindflayer attacked Billy and I watched as Max stood in horror watching him die saving us. With the last part stabbing Billy in the chest his body dropped to the ground as the creatures parts has retreated back to his host after killing him.

"Billy!" Max screamed as his body hit the floor and I felt my heart break for her.

I took a step back into Steve as I watched the Mindflayer begin to screech in pain and fling itself towards the railing we were at. Steve pulled me to the ground and the Mindflayer dropped all together and just stopped moving. I felt a tear fall down my face as I watched Max stand over her brothers body and I turned into Steve and hugged him. Crying because I hoped this was all over finally. We made our way downstairs to where the rest of the group was and we all stood in silence at the dead Mindflayer and Max crying.

We heard helicopters and sirens approaching the mall and we waited as Hoppers calvary came and escorted us out of the building. Steve and I walked together as we exited the building, having a medic pull us away due to us looking beaten. We sat in the back of an ambulance and I stood numb as Steve was being bandaged up.

"You're turn" I heard and I looked up to see the medic talking to me

"What?" I said and he pointed to where Steve was sitting so he could patch me up

"No i'm fine." I say getting ready to leave with Steve

"Ma'am? you're not. I can tell at least three of your wounds need to be sutured" He tells me and I lift my finger up to my head and feel all the dried up blood that had built up

"Just sot Hazel" Steve said to me and I sat down where he was.

After I got 4 stitches above my eye, a bandage on my nose, and 3 stitches on the back of my head, and was told I probably have a concussion Steve and I made our way up and gone from the ambulance we were sitting in and we sat on the concrete.

"Holy shit" I whisper at everything that had just happened. I looked over to see half of Steves head wrapped due to the wounds and I let out a laugh

"Whats so funny?" He asked with a smile

"You look like a mummy and I look like frankensteins monster" I say and he lets out a laugh as well. We laugh for a little, me personally feeling bad for laughing at such a time but all this sadness was too much.