Jughead Jones x Reader

"What's it like being the inferior Andrews?" You slinked away, trying to get away from Reggie's harsh words. It wasn't just him that was tormenting you, anyone who was close to your brother seemed to gravitate towards poking fun at you. You had just become a Freshmen at Riverdale High School, not to mention you were shy and didn't talk to any of the upper classmen. The only people you talked to were your brother's friends and a few acquaintances in your own grade. You and Jughead Jones were particularly close, hanging out with just one another if others weren't available. It was this closeness that had caused your feelings to grow for him. It was just hope; hope that there was a possibility that he felt the same. It was when you were rushing to the lounge to meet up with Jughead when Reggie called you out. You pushed your way through the crowded hallways, struggling to get away from the bosturious jock. You managed to reach the lounge door, darting inside and almost instantly running into Jughead. He caught your arms, holding you a little too close just to be friends. "Well, hello there," he said with a small smile, but you couldn't return it. "What's wrong?"

You just shook your head, grabbing his hand and pulling him to the other side of the lounge. "Y/N, Hey! Where are you going?" You turned your head and your gaze landed on your brother. "Me and Jughead have an English test to study for," you said quickly, feeling a blush burn your cheeks. Archie squinted his eyes at you and Jughead, his eyes traveling to your joined hands. You quickly dropped Jughead's hand and your felt his eyes on you. "You guys should study in here," Archie started, "we're going to have to go soon anyway." You raised your eyebrows at him and he just shook his head. "I'm grounded and you'll need a ride," you nodded and reluctantly found a place to sit down with Jughead. You quickly pulled out your notebook, and Jughead did the same to get ready to study. Before the study session could commence, the quiet lounge was interrupted by the door flying open. "You didn't answer my question, Little Andrews, you too shy?"

You swallowed hard when you noticed Archie and Jughead glare at Reggie. Jughead turned to look at you, "he's what was wrong." You simply nodded in response and you saw Archie staring at you. "Your little sister is a pansy, Andrews," Reggie said, attempting to sound tough. "She just doesn't like you, Reggie, so shut the hell up." You smiled a little bit, but then you saw the determination on his face. "She's far smarter than you anyway, she'd be wasting brain cells on you." Reggie scowled and rushed  towards Jughead. "Watch what you say Donnie Darko," he said, once Archie had stopped him in his path . "Get your hands off me, don't want the Andrews bug," you looked up at Reggie, and saw that Archie was ready to fight; but it was Reggie that threw the first punch.

The fight didn't last very long, it was soon broken up by a few other football players. You and Jughead grabbed Archie and started to walk back to your house. As soon as you got into the kitchen, you dove into the freezer and found some frozen peas. You walked over to Archie and he gently placed the bag on his black eye. "You didn't have to say anything," you said, looking at Archie and then Jughead. "Yes, I did. It wasn't just you he was making fun of," Archie said, leaning over the counter. You pursed your lips and Jughead stepped forward. "Reggie needed to back down," he said and then gestured to Archie's face, "this is the end of his antics." You nodded and you were about to add to it when your dad walked through the door. "Hey guys, Jug, what happened at," he stopped when he saw Archie holding the bag of peas to his face. "It wasn't his fault, Dad, he was just," he raised his hand. "I'll hear your story after I talk to Archie. Please leave." You turned to walk out, feeling distraught and Jughead followed you.

You walked up the stairs into your room, which was right next to Archie's. You almost shut the door on Jughead, but he raised his hands just in time. "Hey, Y/N, it's going to be alright," he said, after shutting your door. You sat on the edge of your bed with your head in your hands. You felt the bed dip under Jughead's weight and the feeling of his arm over your shoulders. You leaned to the left and fell into his side. "Am I a pansy," you asked quietly, feeling embarrassed as you asked. "You're just shy Y/N, and that's beyond fine. It's human," he answered and you felt instantly better. You pulled away from his warmth and looked into his eyes, "thanks for saying what you did." He just smiled, "I wanted to say that you were beautiful, but you're brother was right there and.."

You hit his shoulder softly, and he let out a seemingly nervous laugh. "Wait do you," you looked into his eyes once more and saw the truth in his eyes. "I mean it," he replied, he nervously curled his lips together and looked away from you. A moment of silence passed as you tried to find the courage to admit your feelings. "I like you," you both said at the same time, causing you both to laugh. "I really like you," he said again, "I've never felt this way about anyone before." You gave him a smile, "well it's good that I feel the same way then." You carefully grabbed his hand, squeezing it gently. Suddenly, you felt yourself leaning in and Jughead smiled when he got the hint. Your lips were about to brush against his when your bedroom door flew open.  "Why am I not surprised." You turned and saw your dad standing in your doorway. You swallowed hard and glanced at Jughead who looked equally caught-off guard. "I just wanted to say thank you for defending my daughter, Jughead." He nodded, "you're welcome Mr. Andrews." Your dad smiled and turned to walk away. Before he did, he turned back towards the two of you, "this door stays open." When he walked away, you looked at Jughead and you let out a small giggle.

"That went well," you murmured, leaning towards him again. He smiled at you, "Uh huh, where were we?" You laughed, "You did not just say that," he let out a laugh himself. "It was against my better judgement and you'll probably bring it up until I die," you nodded and finally kissed him. You pulled away quickly, not giving him time to react. He smiled at you widely, "never mind, totally worth it."

Credit: certifiedskywalker.tumblr.com