- 18 -

*COLE'S POV*

I walk into the familiar stone room. It's been a room of pain for most, but for me, it's my safe haven.

Where I'm in control

I've learned throughout my life, there will times when things happen and there is nothing you can do about it.

But in this room

I say what happens - who dies, who lives

I influence the energy in this room, not the other way around. The best part about it - is I enjoy it. Nothing like already knowing the answer, but asking the question anyway. 

Elijah is out dealing with the other half of this problem and I've decided to let the person who brought the obstacle to our attention, help us remove it.

"Come in, Princesa," I utter the command, bracing myself for the piercing beauty to enter the dark room. 
(Princess)

The brown-haired strikingly stunning female struts in. Eyes widen only slightly when they see who's in the chair. Her honey eyes glaze over with a look I've seen before. I've grown to love this look on her. It fixes the broken settlement that lays deep in her pupils and replaces it with a sense of confidence, a sense of knowing.

"You looked into it?" Her angelic voices whispers, I smile even though I know she can't see it in the dim light.

"Of course, Gatita," I push the weapons tray over to where she stood, "And it's your turn to investigate."
(Kitten)

I begin out of the door before she speaks up again.

"Any reservations?"

"She doesn't leave alive."

***

I stand, watching behind a two-way mirror looking into the room. I have to admit the young lady from my office puts up a fight. I hadn't noticed her before. I couldn't even say how long she's worked there. I also couldn't tell you who worked there before her.

"I'm gonna ask you one more time before I get hammer happy," The angelic voice heaves ghastly words, "Why did you do it?"

"Why the fuck do you care?" The young woman spits her blood infused saliva onto Rose.

"Because I have a hammer," Rose pauses, "And time."

The hammer resting in her pretty little hands reaches up before smashing down the woman's finger, the woman speaks. I even flinch a bit, soon replacing my surprise it an affectionate smile.

Look at my baby...

"I've been working so fucking long at the job, trying to get him to even glance at me. Then you strut in with your whorish dress and pornstar heels. The man couldn't even take his eyes off of you!"

That's true, the navy blue velvet dress looked amazing on her

Rose slams the hammer down anyway, a high-pitched yelp bounces off of the stone walls. I can't help the wide smirk that brushes my face.

"You didn't answer the question," Rose circles the seated woman.

"It was something to do, and I thought I'd get a good lay out of it," The woman's pain still tickles her voice.

Rose pulls up a chair, opening the file that sat on the weapon tray.

"Victoria Grace Hill," Rose clears her throat, "Grew up in the foster care system, jumping from house to house. Feeling unloved and unwanted,"

"Is that why you took the job? So someone could want you?" Roses asks the unanswered question.

She continues to read.

"You were a teen mother, to a beautiful baby girl, Isabelle wasn't it?" I personally haven't read the file, so I have no idea where this is going. "She was sold to - oh big fucking surprise - Mr. Egorov." Rose stands, throwing a knife into Victoria's shoulder. 

"How cruel do you have to be?"

"You don't know shit," The woman seethes right back, "Being a teen mom doesn't have all the perks everyone says it does. Her father left me once he found out and I had no one,"

"You had that little girl," Rose walks behind the desperate woman.

"If I loved her, who would love me?" Victoria let out a hum as her face contorted in pain. 

"That pissy little shit was doomed from the beginning," Victoria just sighs.

"Not only did you sell that innocent baby to people who sex traffic. You went to work for the man that had her. Have you ever thought of anyone besides yourself?" My baby's voice breaks at the end. I honestly wanted to vomit at the words Victoria uttered.

The worst part was, I knew it was personal for Rose. Yes, the situation is horrible in general. Nevertheless, it has a different effect when you can relate personally. 

"You have no right to judge me, you haven't walked a day in my shoes,"

"You're right. I may not know your struggle, but I know enough to not feel bad about the bullet I'm about to place between your eyes."

BANG

Ugh such a melodic sound

The bullet pierced her right eye. It's okay, we can work on her aim later. I walked out of the room and entered where she stood.

"Te llevaré a casa, Princesa." I place my arm on her waist, leading her out of the door.
(I'll take you home, Princess)

"Good, I'm fucking hungry."

***

The car ride home was silent. The only noise was my phone when Elijah texting me about the other situation. I keep stealing glances from the beauty in the passenger seat.

Some to see if she okay, others to admire that face of hers

"¿Qué pasa, amor?" I finally ask.
(What is wrong, Love?)

"Nothing," 

I shoot her glance. 

"That girl reminds me of my own mother," She turns her soft gaze to me, "At least mine had enough sense to not sell me,"

"I looked into the file. The girl has already been sent out to heaven knows where," She continues.

I don't mind her little rant, because with her voice. I could listen to her talk all-day.

"On one half I feel for the girl, she wants to be loved. I've definitely been there,"

I know, Princesa, I know

"But nothing excuses her behavior,"

"People do outrageous things to get what they've always desired," I finally tempt her wandering mind.

"I understand that-"

"Don't you remember?"

"Remember what?"

"What it feels like to desire something."

The car comes to a red light, I fully turn to look at her. I don't know if she caught the double meaning of that sentence or not. That still doesn't mean it wasn't there.

"Always," Her voice is solid, but she doesn't look at me.

"Well, add that with delusion and you get people like her," I finish my point, "Some people might say the same thing about what we do,"

"I regret nothing," As you shouldn't, My Love.

Her beautiful eyes turn and connect with mine.

"Because you don't remember what you're supposed to regret."