PART 3, SECTION 6

I sat down on the bed beside Morgan. For some reason I felt safer being close to her. Shawn had never hurt me, but for the first time I was afraid that he might try. 

"I'll tell you everything in the morning," I whispered. "It's not what you think."

I said this, but I had no idea of this was true or not. Maybe what had happened was more or less exactly what Shawn thought had happened. The problem was that I still didn't even know exactly what had happened. I tried to keep focused on Morgan.

"Right now, Morgan needs help," I said. "A lot of help. She's in trouble. She's hurt bad. She's not even conscious, Shawn. Do you understand? She may be in a coma for all I know. And I think she's getting worse." My voice started to crack. I took a breath and forced myself not to break down as long as Shawn was in the room. "And there's nothing you can do to help! Is there?" I snapped. "Right now, you're only in the way." 

I could tell this stung. But I wanted it to sting. Shawn gave me a hurt look I'd never seen before. His face darkened.

He clenched both of his fists, and stepped toward me, putting his face right next to mine. He was breathing hard. He was furious.

He lifted his right fist. 

I didn't take my eyes from his. I forced myself not to look away. If he was going to hit me, he was going to hit me, and there was nothing I could do about it. Instinctively I grasped for Morgan's limp arm and held it tightly. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please VOTE 🌟 before continuing! Thanks! ;)  xxBailey