45 → When We're High

"What are we learning today, Jean?" 22-year-old Dia asked the woman as she slipped in Jean's empty classroom and took a seat on the desk in front of her desk where she's grading the pop quizzes she gave at the start of the class

"What are we learning today, Jean?" 22-year-old Dia asked the woman as she slipped in Jean's empty classroom and took a seat on the desk in front of her desk where she's grading the pop quizzes she gave at the start of the class. She's not just the school doctor, but she teaches politics, and also gives Rhys and Dia private lessons. Lessons that have been going on for 5 years now but everyone is still learning. Everyone in the School for the Gifted is a student, even the professors.

"Where's Rhys?" Dia heard Jean ask in her head, the woman didn't look up from the five-question pop quiz she's grading.

"Escaping death. Lola almost dropped another anvil on him" Dia answered in her mind, her fingers playing with the golden chain around her neck.

Just then Rhys entered the room as he kept glancing over his shoulder to make sure none of Lola's looney things isn't following him. "Someone needs to confiscate Lola's pencils. She's out there bringing DoodleBob to life"

"Me hoy minoy" Dia said.

"Stop it right there" Rhys warned as he took a seat in the desk next to Dia.

"Now that Rhys is here...what are we learning today? How to mess with people's minds?" Dia jokingly asked Jean, and Rhys chuckled.

"Yes" Jean answered and set her red pen down. Dia and Rhys stopped chuckling and looked up at Jean in slight confusion.

"What?" They asked.

"Are- are you serious? 'Cause I was just joking" Dia told Jean.

"No. I'm serious" Jean nodded, stood up and walked around the desk to better face Dia and Rhys. "I'm not as powerful as Charles, but I'm going to teach you what I know. Up until now we've been focusing more on telekinesis, and empathy, now its time to move on. Besides, I know Charles already gave you some lectures on telepathy, now its time to apply them"

"This is so cool!" Rhys grinned, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "Oh! Are you going to teach us how you mess with someone's mind so they can't see us?"

"Mhm" Jean nodded.

"Scott won't know what hit him" Rhys smirked.

"Why does everyone have something against Scott?" Dia wondered out loud. "I still can't believe Jonathan put a sign outside the greenhouse saying 'Scott Summers banned for life'"

"As Lola says, 'Scott has the touch of death' He killed a fake plant once" Jean informed.

"How do you kill a fake plant?" Rhys and Dia asked at the same time and Jean shrugged.

·𖥸·

Dia laid on the couch with her legs on Bucky's lap. She smiled as that particular memory came to mind and then remembered how when she first arrived at the compound, she messed with everyone's minds so they couldn't see her. Well only those she knows could see her, but it was fun seeing them trying to figure out why nobody else could see her. Jean Grey shouldn't have taught her how to mess with people's minds. Scott Summers was victim to Rhys' antics, while the Avengers were Dia's.