she has to leave for a couple months

You stood in the middle of the airport in tears. You kept trying to hold them back for so long now but you weren't able to do that anymore. Hailee was gonna be leaving for a couple months and although it may not seem like that long in comparison to how long she could be gone, it was still gonna be a couple months without her by your side.

She's your safe harbor; your safety net, always there to catch you when you fall and hold you when you need her most. You weren't gonna have that for a while and it was a lot to take in. Hailee wrapped her arm around your shoulder and wordlessly pulled you to her chest, letting you cry into her sweater. "I'm gonna miss you" you said as you sobbed. Hailee fought back hr own tears, biting her lip and focusing on holding you. "I know, baby. I'm gonna miss you just as much."

She ran her fingertips along the curve of your spine, her lips by your ear to whisper words of comfort. "I'll be back soon. You can call me whenever you need me or if you just wanna talk to me. You know I don't mind at all." You nodded and sighed sadly. She lifted your chin and wiped your tears away. "I love you so much."

She kissed you, not caring at all about the people surrounding you that could be staring or taking photos or videos of you two. All she cared about was kissing you, for as long and as many times as she could. The announcement of her plane beginning to board was what made her pull away. "I'll be back soon. I promise." She kissed you one last time before letting you go.

When she got to the gate she turned around and blew you a kiss, waving to you and mouthing an 'I love you' before she went around the corner to get on the plane.

You desperately hoped that these next couple of months would go by fast.