23;

I couldn't believe Taehyung had talked me into this. 

I tried to ask him why he couldn't just float into the company and email it to himself, but he had said something about there was no way to do that without attracting too much attention.

I wasn't sure how a random stranger sneaking into the building who clearly didn't belong would raise less suspicion, but I figured Taehyung probably knew the company better than I did.

"Sorry ma'am, but you need to have some kind of ID..." The security guard at the door held a hand up before I entered the building.

"No, you don't." Taehyung snorted. "Just tell them you're here to see Park Jimin and they'll let you in."

I did as Taehyung instructed, and for some reason, it worked. 

Once I was inside and fairly sure that no one was around, I whispered to Taehyung. "Why did that work?"

"Jimin has pretty girls visit him at the office all the time." Taehyung shrugged. 

I wanted to ask Taehyung if I was correct in thinking that he had just implied that I was pretty, but I could hear footsteps approaching and didn't want to be caught; apparently talking to myself.

"The stairs are straight ahead and to the left." Taehyung informed me as I walked. 

"Take them instead of the elevator. You're less likely to run into anyone." I was almost there when I heard someone call my name.

I turned to see Jungkook waving to me, a smile on his face. He looked entirely different from the last time I saw him. 

He was much more put together, his hair combed back to reveal his forehead, and wearing a blazer that made him look older.

Seeing him smile was also something completely different, and I thought that if he hadn't called out to me, I might not have recognized him.

"Hey, Jungkook. Good to see you." I gave him a smile, though I was internally panicking.

Yoongi had made it very clear that he didn't want me anywhere near Jungkook, and I hoped that the elder of the two wasn't also there somewhere.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, clueless.

Jungkook gave me a strange look. "I work here. The real question is, what are you doing here?"

"I uh..." I was at a loss.

I was there to steal songs that belonged to the dead Kim Taehyung, who wanted to release them on the internet, and there was no way I could think of to phrase that so it wouldn't sound insane.

"You know, to be perfectly honest I was in the area and missing Taehyung, so I decided to stop by. It's kind of dumb, I know..."

Jungkook shook his head quickly. "Not at all. I know how it is. Sometimes I find myself in his old office when I need advice about something. Grief does weird things, and we all deal with it differently."

I had to be honest, I liked Jungkook, which made it that much harder to lie to him. "I'm really glad you understand, thanks."

"Since when do you work on Saturdays?" Taehyung asked Jungkook, though the younger couldn't hear him. "You never work overtime, and not once in your life have you ever worked weekends."

I tried to ignore Taehyung, who was being absolutely of no help.

"Of course I understand. Have you ever been here before? I can give you a tour, if you'd like." Jungkook offered, and I agreed because I had no idea what else to do.

"Since when do you give tours?" Taehyung continued.

"You hate it when people you don't know see where you work, it makes you all fidgety and weird." Taehyung glanced at me. "Unless you have a crush on her... in which case, no. Don't do that. We have things to do, Jungkook. I don't have time for you to try to flirt with her!"

I really wanted to tell Taehyung to shut up, but there was no way I could do that without sounding like I was saying it to Jungkook.

Taehyung sounded jealous that Jungkook was getting all of my attention, but it was something I would have to wait to tease him about until later.