Part 6

"Lady Isabelle."

"Lady Isabelle!"

"LADY ISABELLE! If you do not wake up this instant I will.."

But Camber stopped yelling as I hurled myself out of my dream and into the reality where she stood outside the car, shaking me forcefully to wake me from my slumber.

"I'm awake, I'm awake." I muffle, trying to reassure her. And also myself. I feel my hair, pieces falling out and tangling. I quickly wipe the drool from the corner of my mouth.

My dress had a few crumples but I smoothed them out. I fixed my hair by pinning it back with a few silver clips so it would at least look somewhat presentable.

"Hurry now, Lady Amelia has already arrived and the plane will depart soon." Camber reminded me, tapping her nails on her clipboard impatiently.

I pulled myself out of the seat and into the open air that brought me to the blinding sun and in front of glass building of the airport.

I grabbed my bag and tin of cookies from the car quickly before the door was shut for me.

Camber didn't wait for me, just stalked off in the direction of the entrance, expecting me to follow, and I did quickly to try and meet her pace.
As I look behind me I see the limousine has already departed and has driven nearly all the way out of view.

Camber lead me inside and to a quiet section of the airport that was bordered off from the public by a velvet rope.
There we met 2 girls, one dressed similarly to Camber, with neat hair and a stack of papers. She looked older and more professional looking.

The other was a girl around my age, Amelia Lockhart, with black frizzy hair done in a messy bun atop her head.

She was dressed in pale yellow dress that was long and matched her sandals. She had thin black rimmed glasses and black loop earrings. Amelia had a pin, similar to my Amethyst diamond pin, but it was a green, an Emerald I assumed.

Amelia stood, her arms crossed over her chest and she looked bored.

"Finally." Amelia's aid said, a huff of relief and annoyance.

"Sorry, this one fell straight to sleep." Camber said, not a hint of sarcasm in her tone.
The two aids then put there heads together and started talking to one another in quick, low voices.

Amelia peered at me funny, like she was sussing me out. Then she put out a delicate hand.

"Nice to meet you, Isabelle I assume." Amelia says, her look reserved.

I shook her hand quickly before she managed to pull it away. She seemed to be giving me a cold shoulder, not looking at me in a kind way, but more judgemental.

"I like your dress." I say, trying to cover the awkwardness with my small smile.

Amelia raised an eyebrow at me, "If your trying to psych me out before the competition, it's not working." She spat out harshly, turning away from me.

I furrowed my brow, she must be very competitive.
She had seemed nice at first, but I guess you can't judge people by what they look like.

"Let's keep moving girls."

We follow the aids down many corridors and halls until we finally reach the plane. Business class.

The seats were plush and I had plenty of room. Amelia chose to sit next to me, which wasn't too close but I still took it as a kind gesture since she could have sat anywhere.

I didn't feel like chatting, and thankfully Amelia put on a face mask and was asleep in minutes.

The next 23 hours were spent eating, sleeping and trying not to be motion sick.