Part 7

It opened out into a massive room filled with noise. Men and women dressed in black and white rushed too and fro around the room. Tables with mirrors and trolleys of makeup lined up every free spot of wall.

Girls sat in chairs, who I assumed were just like me, having their nails and hair worked on quickly.

"Lady Amelia and Lady Isabelle have been delivered." Camber spoke to a nearby maid and she nodded gratefully.
After a moment I looked back and our aids were already gone.

I noticed the cameras, propped up on stands in each corner of the room and filming every movement.

I stood beside Amelia until a lady came over to assist Amelia to a seat.

Then I was left to wait as another maid came over. She put a hand on my shoulder to lead me away from where Amelia sat and towards the other end of the room.

I was stationed on a recliner chair that I sat on and was spun around to face a large mirror that I could see myself perfectly in.

The maid, who had a white button up shirt on and wore a black skirt, started by introducing herself with a bored expression.
"I'm Tracy, I'm here to do your makeover. Tell me if you want anything specific done."

She looked at me and I gave her a nod, including a small smile that she didn't return. Tracy began by arranging bottles of lotions and oils, picking out different scents and testing them on the back of her hands.

Before applying anything she waxed my legs that were already starting to show hairs again from the last time I shaved.

Tracy then applied a peach scent to my arms and legs, making me feel shiny and oily.

Next she skilfully plucked a few of my stray eyebrow hairs which was quite painful. Carefully, she took the pins out of my hair and left my curls drape over my shoulders.

She then moved my chair around to a sink where she ran my hair under a tap with warm water.

As the shampoo and water ran over my head I felt tingles over the back of my neck and she rinsed my hair quickly.
Then Tracy blow dried it and brushed it so it was neat again.

She spun me back to the mirror and began to braid small sections of my hair that she wrapped around into a half up do.

Tracy then added some hints of makeup to my face, light layer of foundation, blush and eyeliner.

The maid checked over me once more before announcing she was finished. She told me I should head off towards a separate side of the room.
I followed her instructions over to the clothes, racks of dresses and girls trying on outfits.

"Miss, feel free to try on any dresses you please, but for your first meeting with the prince you have a specific outfit to wear." A butler explained, pointing me over to a group of ladies who would help me.

"Ok, thank you." I say before moving over to the ladies. They quickly piled my arms with clothing and sent me to the nearest change room.

The room had a mirror, clothing hooks and a bench.
I unpiled the clothes, fine, expensive material.

First was the dress, gown more like, a pale cream that was floor length. I had never worn something as fancy as this, and expensive.
The dress had puffy sleeves on my shoulders that made the dress look more extravagant.

I put on the dress, folding my old clothes as I removed them. The dress felt so soft and comfy against my freshly moisturised skin.

Then I put on the white gloves, just as expensive and twice as silky as the dress had seemed. They matched the pearl white wedge sandals that fit me perfectly.
I fished in my pocket for my house pin and put it carefully onto the dress, noticing the purple standing out from the other colours.