Part 9

Walking down the hall arm in arm with Princess Charlotte was strange, and some of the looks we got from the staff and guards walking around were even stranger.
She seemed very open and welcoming towards me since we had just met.
Just by the way she walked, even though she was younger and smaller than me, she commanded attention.

Princess Charlotte strutted down the hall beside me as if she owned the place, and I suppose she did.

We had come to the hall with all the girls guest rooms and each one had a plate on the door with a name marked on it in gold lettering.

Charlotte and I stopped out the front of the room with I. Davis written on the door.

"Thank you Princess Charlotte, for helping me." I saying, turning to the girl beside me and giving a curtsey.

Charlotte smiled and it spread into her eyes so they shone brightly, "It was nice to meet you too."

And with a last wave the princess walked away, looking elegant and perfectly graceful with every step.

I turned back to my room and turned the knob to push open the door. The room before me was bigger than I expected and plainer than I thought.

My small pink bag and tin of cookies sat on the bed still and awaiting use. The bed was a double and had a canopy of silk hanging down from the roof over it.
A bathroom extended out from the left and the balcony went out a back door.

The carpet was grey and the walls were plain. The vanity was bare and the drawers were not even accessorised.
It left a lot of cool decorating options. I pulled off my gloves and tossed them onto the bed, dropping my shoes on the floor as well.

"Lady Isabelle?"

I turn and see a maid enter my room. I nod and she starts to talk, "I am Riley, your maid." Riley had frizzy black hair done into a bun and freckles dotting her cheeks.

"Nice to meet you." I say and she gives me a grateful smile.

"So, if ever you might need me, use the intercom." Riley explains, pointing to something on the wall behind me.

Riley moved over to the wall were a small box with screen and buttons was propped up on the wall. She pointed out each of the coloured buttons, "If you ever need anything, assistance, a meal, or in case of an emergency, use this."

I nodded and Riley moved towards the balcony.

"These doors have auto locks, like the bathroom, you need a royal pin." She pointed to the purple diamond pin on my chest, "To access these, but some are custom like the ones up in the royals quarters."

She demonstrated by pushing her infinite shaped pin to the lock and the doors light changed from red to green.
"This infinity symbol is common to all the maids and butlers. The cooks have chefs hats and the advisors have stars."

Riley was very helpful, showing me where everything was and what time of day things would happen.

After she explained my routine she left me with my free time before dinner.
I raided my closet for something different to wear. I found a evening gown that was a stunning red and wrapped nicely around my neck.
I changed into it and went to the things on my bed. Pulling out my phone and having the cookie tin in hand I went out onto the balcony. A table and chair was set up but I pulled a cushion over and propped myself over by the edge of the railing, looking over the gardens.

I opened my phone as I pulled out one of the cookies.
The chilly air was not too warm but at least it wasn't windy.
Munching away I watched a video sent from Isla and Elizabeth.