26. The Party: Part 3 - FINALE

ROSA

The sky turned into a nice purple and pink shade. Alexio's younger cousins were running around the manor playing tag and I watched everyone conversing and having fun while I stood by a window, all by my lonesome.

The entire day, I've been trying to avoid Mikhail and his parents. When I see him walking towards me, I make a beeline towards the stairs and pretend to go use the bathroom, then I leave and join the boring party again when I know the coast is clear.

God, why do I have to have an insane, massive fucking crush on this man? I always fall for the ones I can't have, it's so unfair.

Actually, no, it's fair, I did this to myself when I decided I was going to be a pornstar. I was younger, more stupid, I didn't think of my future and here I am, trying to remember my reason for deciding to join the porn industry.

Mikhail was gone for a bit but he came back holding a unicorn piñata, his cousins all screamed at the unicorn and tried to reach for it, but Mikhail was too tall. He spoke in Russian, not noticing a kid getting ready to jump on his back. He dropped the piñata when she jumped on him and the kids all surrounded the piñata.

I giggled into the palm of my hand and some of the kids climbed on Mikhail. He stood up while they ganged up on him, laughing with his cousins and gently removing them off his body.

I wonder what it would be like if we had ki-

Woah!  I can't think of that. Jesus, yo se que soy enamorada pero (I know I'm in love but...) thinking of having kids is a big no for me. That's never going to happen anyway, no matter how much I want kids, especially with him.

Mikhail found me staring and I straightened up, leaving my spot next to the window and found myself escaping through the back door to the patio. I'm too scared to talk to him, I'm afraid I'll say something stupid and embarrassing.

Shivering in the cold, I hugged myself and tried to rub my arms until I could feel at least some of my body heat. I should've just went upstairs to my room, I should've just stayed inside and run somewhere else. The things I fucking do, man, I'm so dumb when Mikhail is around.

The door to the patio opened and the heat finally rose in my body. Mikhail walked outside in a jacket, holding another in hand and closed the door behind him, "Hey."

"H-Hi." I shivered.

He passed me the jacket and I snatched it from him, quickly putting it on and zipping up, "Thanks."

Mikhail frowned, stuffing his hands in his pockets, "I feel like you've been avoiding me all day."

"No, I'm not," I lied, I'm most definitely am, "What makes you think that?"

He stood next to me, eyes on the sunset, "You're always on the other side of the room when I'm around, you don't come near me, it kinda hurts you know, did I do something to you? Because if I did then I apologize, Rosa."

You did do something, you took my heart, and I hate you for it. "You didn't do anything, I'm just...it's complicated."

"Is it because you think my father wouldn't like us talking since you're faking a relationship with Alexio?"

"Yeah," I lied again, "That's why."

"You know," he chuckled, "You're beautiful, Rosa, but an awful liar."

Oh my God, I'm want to kick him. "Shut up."

Mikhail laughed and he took off his jacket, removing a sweater he had under and began tying it around my waist. My heart almost jumped out of my chest, "What are you doing?"