XXII.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ life calls the tune, we dance

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
life calls the tune, we dance.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

THE EXPRESSIONS around the room were of varying degrees from confusion to excitement, to even pure boredom. only jungkook remained stoic and blatantly obvious when it came to what he wanted.

"let me see." he repeated again.

"why is he here." jimin countered. he had just gotten back with jina and was very surprised to see certain people in his lab that were no yoongi who's been briefed on the proper care and handling of his things.

the smaller boy had his hands on top of a cardboard box covering all he's been working on this week so far. it was small, but a promise for the greater to come. right now he just wanted to know why his best friend was going off and messing with things that should be labeled with a warning.

"he's with me." jungkook glanced over his shoulder at the brunette sitting by one of the tables with a large spread of the hotels blueprints. him and hoseok were drawing the guests in the lobby.

jimin just frowned some more and played with a piece of tape stuck to the side of the box. he didn't like when his best friend kept stuff from him. "i'm halfway done." he picked up the box and set it down on the floor beside the two of them, "three weeks and we'll be ready, twelve days before the event."

jungkook had his arms crossed over his chest and eyes cast down at the little jewels on the velvet surface, a bright light hanging over it and a few tools beside it. a picture of the necklace was there on the table for reference, it was practically identical. the raven haired boy couldnt help the little smirk on his face. "okay stop breathing so heavily on the diamonds jungkook, this is not the time to get turned on and pop a big on." jimin said with a little giggle, nudging his friend to look over at the lab doors swooshing open.

taehyung came walking in a big smile, "jungkook!" he had a little pamphlet in his hands. "namjoon said you guys have plans to go to the hotel tonight."

the younger didn't realize how comfortable he had become around the boy, his hand going up to push some of taehyungs hair back as he smiled and held up the pamphlet. "i want to go." the brunette said.

"you live there." jungkook said. it was an odd thing to say since he was there all the time.

taehyung shifted his weight on his feet and the color in his cheeks tinted a faint pink. "but i wanna go with you." he was messing with the younger boys sleeve, a loose thread hanging there and entertaining the boy as he tried to hide the obviously blushing to his face.

the flustered state didn't go unnoticed by the taller one, smiling down at the blushing boy and gently taking his hand. "of course, i'll take you back to the hotel soon." jungkook said.

it didn't go unnoticed by the third boy, at first trying to keep busy with the little jewels and then not being able to over hear his best friend seeming so, unlike himself — and more like how he was before. jimin was watching now, seeing the little smile on the ravenettes lips when he looked at taehyung.

"i'm jimin." he interrupted their little moment and stuck his hand out.

taehyung looked over and his smile widened, he could tell some people here were wary of his presence and knowledge of the job. especially when it came to jimin, he felt like the boy didn't like him. "i'm taehyung." he said, happy the boy was talking to him finally.

"i know." jimin went back to his work, pulling the lamp down closer and grabbing a tool to twist the clamps fastening each diamond.

it was like a jolt back to reality, a flash of light and he was back in his shoes standing with the earth beneath him, a voice knocking his thoughts away and head down from the clouds. jungkook had stared at the pretty brunette a little too long and didn't realize how far he zoned out until his best friend introduced himself.

"uh, i'll come get you soon," jungkook dropped the others hand and looked over his shoulder to nowhere in particular, "ten minutes."

he left soon after, leaving his blossoming crush with his best friend only to go smoke outside in the alley. the air was humid, probably just rained, but jungkook didn't bother to grab his jacket since one hand was busy with a cigarette and the other with a lighter.

"i thought you quit." namjoon was sitting on an old cardboard box, his phone in his hands as he stared down at the device.

a puff of smoke left pink lips, along with any care he might have given. "this is called stress relief." jungkook said.

"most people try yoga." his hyung shot back with a small grin.

he couldn't help but chuckle as well, a few memories of an old experience of the two trying to pick up these cute twins one summer at a yoga class. that week they remained single and stuck on the couch with pulled muscles and kinks for days. from that point on they knew they were not flexible or able to connect with their inner spirit.

"i didn't know we had to actually do the pretzel in order to eat the free pretzel snacks." jungkook tried to defend his past self.

the older boy stood up from the cardboard box and laughed, "you tried to push my leg behind my head so badly." he said, shoving the ravenettes shoulder lightly. it was rare to have these little playful moments these days, no one took them for granted.

"the girls made it look easy, and i was hungry."

namjoon nodded and sighed softly, "then, let's go grab a burger." he took the cigarette and dropped it to the floor. "none of this. plus jimin will crucify you if he smells smoke on you and that kid knows how to get rid of a body without leaving any forensic traces behind."

jungkook chuckled at that, the truth of it was extraordinary and he knew what lines not to cross when it came to the short boy. "i have a better idea." he said, thinking about the sparkling chandeliers and marble floors. "do you want to go to a bar?"

no answer was able to be given just yet, the quiet atmosphere abruptly ruined by the warehouse door swinging open and hitting the brick wall with a bang. the two boys walked out with linked arms and bright smiles. "you need to get going now, jungkook here." jimin tossed the ravenette his jacket and unlatched himself from taehyung.

"we have stuff to do today." taehyung said. he was holding the younger boys car keys and dangled them up in the air.

"we will see you two later!" jimin said grabbing onto the tallest boy and pulling him back into the warehouse. namjoon was too whipped to really care and followed willingly.

the same could be said for jungkook, who just nodded and pulled on his jacket to follow the other boy out of the alley and back towards where they left the car. it didn't matter what they were doing, he simply didn't care right now. all jungkook kept thinking about, was how lucky he had gotten to run into this boy, and how much more grateful he was that taehyung decided to stick around.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
comment & vote please