Chapter Thirteen

Songs for this chapter:
• Almost Is Never Enough - Ariana Grande ft. Nathan Sykes
• Truthfully - DNCE

Chapter Thirteen:

Bryce's POV

As Blossom stands there, staring at me, I see nothing but hurt flickering in her eyes.

I had figured that Scarlett would make everything worse by bringing that night when we were together up, but I had my fingers crossed that I would get to tell Blossom about what happened before she could.

That doesn't seem to be the fucking case now, though, as I'm standing in front of two complete dumbasses who can't keep their mouth shut as well as my heartbroken girlfriend.

Great. This is fan-fucking-tastic.

Scarlett is wearing a small smirk on her face as she watches this scene between Blossom and I unfurl before her. I'm sure that even if Anders knows about Scarlett's visit with me last month he'll be too fucking dumb to put two and two together.

When I look back to Blossom, I find her standing there, posture rigid. Her bottom lip is quivering, her fingers gripping the glass in her hand so hard that her knuckles are turning white. All the colour has left her face as well, and when a strand of hair falls loose from her ponytail and into her face she doesn't even bother brushing it away.

I want to close the gap between us and tuck that piece of hair behind her ears so fucking badly, but I also don't want to be slapped, and therefore I stay exactly where I am, standing completely still.

I can practically see the gears turning in Blossom's head as she looks away from me and back to Scarlett, who looks completely unfazed by this entire situation.

My girl scans Scarlett up and down, pursing her lips together. I see tears pooling in her eyes, and I'm trying so hard not to lash out at Scarlett and kick her out of my fucking apartment.

I might as well kick her out of my life at this point in time. I tried so hard to get rid of Anders as soon as I moved here back in July, but it clearly didn't work considering that the bastard is currently staying in my apartment for a week.

In some twisted way, they helped me through the darkest time in my life. It was a dark fucking time in all of our lives, but I feel like I owe them something because of it.

Blossom turns back to me. "You were with her that night."

A statement and not a question.

I nod nonetheless. "I'm so fucking sorry, Blossom. I wanted to tell you, but I didn't want to hurt you anymore than I already have," I try and defend.

The first tear rolls down Blossom's cheek.

"You were so fucking upset that I was with Knox, as you knew that him and I had some history together, but you were with a girl that you've actually had sex with before! I can't believe the audacity that you must have to do that to me!" she spits, more and more tears falling.

She madly attempts to wipe away the tears with the back of her hand, but it isn't much use as she isn't able to wipe away her tears as fast as they pour.

"I'm sorry, Blossom. I genuinely thought that it was the right thing to do. I didn't realise that it would upset you this much," I promise her, meaning every single word.

I know that my damn judgement is pretty fucking awful, but I'm only speaking the truth right now: I genuinely did feel that it would save Blossom a lot of pain if I kept the fact that I was with Scarlett away from her.