2.2

"...unprecedented reports of extreme water temperatures was recorded this weekend on the outskirts of the African country of Wakanda, with locals claiming that fish in the streams they were fishing in had been boiled alive from the inside out. More on this story after the weather..."

Pepper shut off the TV as she turned to face Tony, her hands on her hips as she looked at the man who was staring back at her with a blank look on his face. She sighed, reaching over and throwing him the shoes that he had left sitting at the edge of the room only minutes before.

"Tony, you promised me that you'd come today!" She exclaimed, a hint of a smile on her lips as his blank expression dropped as he gave in to her demands. He sighed playfully, standing up and placing a soft kiss to her lips, his hand dropping to lightly grasp the hand that laid by her side.

"And you promised me you'd marry me," he mumbled, a grin on his lips as he pulled back from her. "But I didn't realise it was going to take this long."

Pepper swatted him away, rolling her eyes as the billionaire tugged on the shoes that she had flung towards him. She knew the man was only playing but he was right - they had been taking a long time to plan the wedding, but they both knew the underlying truth as to why. It just didn't feel right getting married with Scottie as their flower girl. Sure, it had only ever been a joke that she was going to take up the role but now that she had been gone from their lives for almost two years, it was beginning to hurt just a little less.

"Right, let's go," Tony finally announced, picking up his phone for a brief second before looking over at Pepper with a cheeky grin. Throwing the phone over his shoulder and listening to it land on the couch behind him, he opened his mouth contently. "In fact, you have my full and undivided attention Miss Soon-To-Be-Stark Potts."

Rolling her eyes, Pepper couldn't help but chuckle as she followed the man out of the room. Had they left three minutes later, they might have caught Tony's phone frantically ringing. Happy's caller ID was continuously popping up on the screen, a million messages requesting the billionaire's attention flashing across the screen.

_________
TWO HOURS BEFORE

"General, be careful," T'Challa's voice called out as he watched the woman walk closer to the figure on the ground. He rubbed at his neck slightly, used to heat but not of this intensity.

As he walked forward his guard dispersed around the figure that was lying on the ground, their face hidden by the dirty blonde locks that had thick red stains present that he could only assume was blood. Whether that was the girl's blood or someone else's, he was yet to discover.
The hairs on the back of his neck rose as he focused his eyesight on the girl, ignoring the slight increase in temperature with every step he was taking. He could feel his guard get more on edge with each step but there was something so familiar about the figure laying on the Wakandan ground before him. As Shuri went to reach out and touch the figure, he instantly recognised where he knew them from.

"Don't touch her, sister!" He exclaimed, lightly pulling the girl's shoulder and stopping her hands from touching the skin of the girl that would have burned her. He cast a saddened and shocked look downwards as he turned to his General's, making sure that they listened to every word he said.

"I want her moved to our medical centre, but make sure that no contact is made with her skin. She is hot - and for a reason too."

Shuri watched confused as she noticed the frown resting on her brothers face. He hadn't looked this conflicted over something in a long time - almost three years since Killmonger had tried to take over their country - and it was confusing her, but also scaring her slightly.