■ T W E N T Y ■

"You'll never guess what happened?" My father said as I closed the front door to the house.

Throwing my school back pack on the lounge, I sighed. "What?" I asked, eyeing him carefully.

"I won a holiday trip for four days!" He exclaimed, holding out two tickets.

Leaning closer, I peered at them. "Taking Mom?" I asked.

"Mhm," he murmered in reply.

"That's great Dad, you both deserve a break, when do you guys leave?" I asked, sitting down and sinking into the cushions.

"Friday, I really excited, we haven't been to the beach in a long time," he replied, with a grin.

I smiled back. "I'll get the house to myself," I replied, gesturing with a wave of my hand.

"And if I hear of a party, you'll be grounded for the rest of your life," he replied with a stern look.

I chuckled. "Dad, to have a party, you need friends," I replied, before pushing myself up.

"You have friends, what about those boys next door?" He asked as I headed towards my backpack and lifted it up.

"One of them is my friend, the other I'd like to strangle," I replied before walking up the stairs.

Walking to my room, I pushed my door open and sighed at my familiar white washed walls, light blue doona cover and fluffy matching fluffy pillows. I placed my backpack by my study desk before moving to the bookcase, to grab my laptop.

A tap sounded throughout my room and I looked around before I heard it again.

I realised it was coming from my window and looked over to see a small pebble tap against it again. Frowning, I moved to the window and slid it up.

Placing my hands on the sill, I leaned over to see Chase standing below, on his side of the fence with a grin.

"Chase?" I asked, frowning.

Pausing, he gestured his arms wide.

"But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, who is already sick and pale with grief, that thou her maid art far more fair than she: Be not her maid, since she is envious; Her vestal livery is but sick and green and none but fools do wear it; cast it off."

He took a breath before moving closer to the fence.

"It is my lady, O, it is my love! O, that she knew she were! She speaks yet she says nothing: what of that? Her eye discourses; I will answer it. I am too bold, 'tis not to me she speaks: Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven, having some business, do entreat her eyes to twinkle in their spheres till they return. What if her eyes were there, they in her head? The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars, as daylight doth a lamp; her eyes in heaven would through the airy region stream so bright that birds would sing and think it were not night. See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand! O, that I were a glove upon that hand, that I might touch that cheek!" He recited perfectly.

"You remembered all of that?" I asked, shocked and impressed.

He just looked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name; or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet." I replied, leaning on my window.

His mouth turned into a genuine smile. "Studying Shakespeare in drama, I'm glad you know it or this could've been really awkward," he replied before laughing.