Six

Chapter Six:

"Here's a cloth."

Theodora thanked Gil, accepting the warm socked cloth. After what they had just experienced, they all were taken to the precinct and placed in a board room.

Dani and JT sat across from her, and Gil stood up against the wall. Malcolm had excused himself, and now she was slowly wiping away dried blood that coated her face.

"It got everywhere." Dani was staring at her, "All over your face."

Theodora frowned, "Yeah, well, my face was quite close to the hand area."

"He did tell her to move." JT chimed in, earning a glare from everyone else in the room.

"I now know to never wear white on these things." She huffed, looking down at her ruined white t-shirt. Her jeans were done to, so much for the buying the expensive pair of mom jeans she had been looking at for weeks.  "Also, why do I keep coming? I shouldn't. Kinda feel like that's illegal."

"Not illegal. But not good." Dani shrugged.

"You never had a background in police work? Forensics? Profiling, even?" Gil questioned, watching as she continued to scrub at her face. The white cloth was now turning a dark red, only half of her face was cleaned.

"No."

His eyes narrowed, "Than why are you pretty good?"

"She's good?" JT questioned, flinching when Dani whacked his arm.

"My dad was an investigator."

"Was?"

Theodora pursed her lips, "Yah. Died on an assignment."

Gil nodded slowly, "Fletcher. Jonathon Fletcher. He was your father?"

"Yup. That's him."

The door opened, and everyone looked back to see Malcolm. His face was cleaned, no blood flacked his skin and he gave them all a small smile before walking to the front of the room in front of a white board. Pictures were posted with notes underneath each, and string hung from each one, connecting them in different ways.

"Our killer's motive is revenge, they want to inflict as much pain as possible and will stop at nothing. That's why they're using The Surgeon's Quartet." Malcolm began, utterly calm. "It was an experiment to find the most agonizing way to kill someone." "Likely a male, 40 or 50, anywhere in between. Rich, white, probably bald and a romantic."

"So that's the motive, what else?" Gil walked around the table and took a seat next to her.

A phone rang, causing Theodora to jump. Malcolm chuckled, clicking ignore.

"Wait." Dani held a hand up, "How do you know he's bald."

"I made that guess." Theodora nodded, "Remember, I said 'I bet he's bald.'"

Malcolm sighed, "Well, we don't. But, uh, his psychology implies dysmorphia. He hates his own body. Yet, we saw an imposing man at Nico's so, I'm thinking bald."

His phone went off again, and this time he picked it up. He sighed, "I've got to go."

Malcolm nodded at everyone of them, giving Theodora a small smile before racing from the room.

"Say hello to your Mother for me!" She called out, "Good luck!"

Gil gave her an odd look, "How do you know he's going to his Mother's?"

"She stopped by yesterday, at his place. Told me to tell him he's coming to a family dinner. Then came back, kind of threatened me, I feel, but eventually she left."