|24|

Posy

     Luckily, when we get back to the house, we have the chance to set my broken wrist. After all the shock, I felt so numb I didn't even notice until things calmed down.

     I could tell my alien man was upset about it, seeing my injury as he wrapped it up right.

     When we get home, I stay behind Torint as the other aliens stare at me. That's all they've done since they got here, they stare and they murmur. I do t like it. I feel like a zoo animal while I make dinner for these strangers. It's more food than I've ever made. Torint insists on staying at my back with his chest pressed into me, his hands on my hips while he chats with the other alien men in the kitchen.

     They've practically taken over my house, they take up so much space. They're all huge. One is even bigger than Torint, if that's even possible.

     He's a scary one. Big beard, buzzed head. I don't even want to be near him, let alone the rest of them.

     They're all in my house. I didn't agree to this, but I've stayed silent with my fears. Torint seems to trust them, care about them. But I'm afraid.

     More than anything, I'm scared they're going to take him away. What if he leaves with them? Leaves me behind?

     He must feel my sadness when I pause, because he immediately pulls me closer to him and buries his face in my hair.

     "Machi tukow pen, Posy." He murmurs, and even though I still can't know what he's saying, I relax a little bit.

     "Acho man tankli post?" One of the aliens asks, a grumble comes from Torint's chest before he answers. I casually look over at the group while I continue stirring the pot of finished soul.

     "Unme." My alien replies in a short, clipped tone. The gang of his friends look surprised, one stepping forward to talk to Torint.

     "Ashee manlack. Yu missa kenn dy pallo." He insists. Torint's fingers tighten on my hips when the alien pulls something out of his pocket. It's a slick, black container that he pops open. He reveals a little chip that blinks in the dim light.

     "Kenn dy pallo?" Torint asks, his voice sounding breathless, anticipating. The alien nods and walks closer to us.

     I look away, staring at the big thing of noodles as I stir it continuously with a grim face. I don't want to see the guy who might take away my big alien boyfriend. I can't stand it.

     Warm fingers tip my chin up, and I'm soon getting lost in a pair of deep mint blue eyes. Torint smiles down at me. His brilliant white teeth are mesmerizing.

     "Posy. Abachi tok." He informs me. I squint up at him. He rolls his eyes playfully before tapping my ear and then his chest, holding up the little chip for me to see.

     "Is that... is that a translator?" I ask. He nods, appearing more happy than I've seen him in awhile. I gulp. Is this actually happening?

     "For me?" I ask. He nods again. I put a hand to my rib cage as my breathing rate increases. "Well, what are you waiting for?" I ask quietly, well aware that we have an audience who are silently watching.

     Torint carefully lifts a lock of my hair from my right ear, adjusting it to where it's out of his way. He takes a deep breath. He's sobered a bit, glancing at my eyes for permission.

     I grab his wrist and nod, my confirmation.

     I feel the cold metal touch the inside of my ear, the sound of it moving and attaching. It stings a little, a little turns into a lot and I moan in pain. Torint looks angry, and concerned, turning and demanding something from his friend.